• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How strict are you about hygiene?

Oooh - I think I'm the worst housekeeper of all...
I have a house bunny, so all I really have to clean are the litter pans. I have two pans, and I dump them when they get full, every 2-3 days or so. Usually I just hose them out and let them dry, but if they seem especially icky, I clean with a vinegar/water spray.
She'll be six years old in September, and has never ailed except for one bout with bowel stasis.

I clean out the litter trays everyday and replace any soiled hay. I wash my food and water bowls everyday too. Once a week I clean out and disinfect (pet safe disinfectant)the playhouse from top to bottom.

I don't use chemicals to prevent flystrike, I use a citronella based spray and stringent cleaning.

Having said that, my lot spend half their time eating grass which I'm sure hasn't been disinfected!

Back