• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How often do you

My two are outdoor buns, who are litter trained now (Thank God! :lol:). Their litter tray has shavings and hay in it, and I empty it and clean it out every day. I clean the hutch and run out completely once a week. I'm quite lucky in that since they've been litter trained they don't wee or poo anywhere else now - If they're running around in the garden they even go back into the hutch to do their "business" in the litter tray and then come back out again :lol::lol:

We have a lavender bush near their hutch which I've heard somewhere is supposed to deter flies? Not sure if that helps too, but I've not seen many flies at all yet this year, certainly none near their hutch anyway, and I'm hoping it stays that way!

Thank you everyone.
I will try and find a bigger dirtbox, i have a big yellow one which used to be a big hamster cage, i could use that for now. ill put the hay with the dirtbox.
i think im all set... oh and ill clean out their poos and wees daily :D :wave:

My two are outdoor buns, who are litter trained now (Thank God! :lol:). Their litter tray has shavings and hay in it, and I empty it and clean it out every day. I clean the hutch and run out completely once a week. I'm quite lucky in that since they've been litter trained they don't wee or poo anywhere else now - If they're running around in the garden they even go back into the hutch to do their "business" in the litter tray and then come back out again :lol::lol:

We have a lavender bush near their hutch which I've heard somewhere is supposed to deter flies? Not sure if that helps too, but I've not seen many flies at all yet this year, certainly none near their hutch anyway, and I'm hoping it stays that way!

Toffee runs back to his dirtbox to have a poo and wee aswell! When he was indoors i had one in doors for him but didnt have any sawdust in it so he wouldnt poo in it, :lol: i didnt realise but when he went back out at night he had a long wee bless him. so from then on i had to give him a box for sitting in and one for wees and poos :lol:

Have you tried getting a huge litter tray, lining with newspaper then putting loads of hay in it and not having hay elsewhere in the hutch?

That's what I was going to suggest. ;);) Alfie only uses the litter tray anyhow but Bubbles just likes to wee on any pile of hay she can find. :roll: By keeping the hay just in the litter trays (I have two) it means I only have to empty/clean them both out thoroughly once a day. The whole hutch gets a clean out once a week.

Scooch gets cleaned more often (smaller cage - don't worry she's going in a shed setup soon after her spay) so she gets done about 3 times a week. Joey...well all he needs is his litter box cleaned every day (or every other, it was actually a cage so very big:lol:) and the piggies live in a hutch so every 3 days.

Ours have those underbed storage trays from wilkinsons as litter trays too, anything smaller and they're just forever weeing over the side :roll: and hay gets everywhere.
Once a week everything has a big clean but really now the weather is warmer I will start doing litter trays everyday, or at worst every other day, just dont feel you can risk it to do less with the flies about now.
I love it when it gets to summer and its really light in the mornings and you can go out at about 6am and just clean them all then while its cool. I love that, and everythings so peaceful then too :D

trays every other day in winter, every day in summer... hutches once weekly as all my buns are 99% litter trained, theres only afew stray poos, never weeks.

the house bun gets cleaned every few days in addition her litter tray is cleaned every day... my poor brother when he house sits for us!!

cleaned out :?

apart from litter tray every other day and a quick hoover once a week i dont clean out.. what would i clean :lol::lol::lol:

every day i have to put Alvins poops in the litter tray tho, he is the master at scattering them when he jumps out of the litter tray... its quite impressive to watch :lol::lol:

water gets changed every morning.

apart from litter tray every other day and a quick hoover once a week i dont clean out.. what would i clean :lol::lol::lol:

every day i have to put Alvins poops in the litter tray tho, he is the master at scattering them when he jumps out of the litter tray... its quite impressive to watch :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: thats a present for you mummeh!!

All mine are litter trained i clean out there litter trays everyday,Your buns cant poo/wee much if you can leave it longer than a day:shock: I have a furplast cage base for two pairs Miffy and Vinnies is full of poo/wee by morning

Eeyore does that too :lol: :lol:

All mine are litter trained i clean out there litter trays everyday,Your buns cant poo/wee much if you can leave it longer than a day:shock: I have a furplast cage base for two pairs Miffy and Vinnies is full of poo/wee by morning

i use a 27ltr underbed storage lots of newspaper and hay, is a waste to clean daily, they dont pee that much to need it :D

I have free range house buns (although they're confined to the bathroom at the moment as they only met on Friday)

I only have a litter tray to clean which I did once a day but I think I may step it up to twice a day now I have two! :lol:

I have a sweep up of hay as and when needed (all the fr*cken time :p )

I clean oggie and delly's poo and weewee are out everyother day, and then proper clean out once a week ( nearly always on a saturday or friday night ) then once a month have right good clean of everything to get rid of all the germs that may be there :D :D

Back