• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How often do you wash your bunny's feet?

How often do you wash your bunny's feet?

• Daily

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once every few days

• Once every week

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Once every 2 weeks

• Once every 3 weeks

• Once a month

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • More than once a month

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
Bobbin has white, well, off-white feet, but they're not dirty, just not bright white :rolleyes:

I have never had to bathe any part of him yet *touches wood* I get the feeling he's not one of these bunnies that likes water.... I do wet my hands and stroke him to remove excess fur after grooming, but that's about as much water as he's ever had on him!

I would be worried about getting him too wet because I would be unsure if I could dry it thoroughly :?

berties disgusting..since i got the waterproof bed hes taken to peeing on it and soaking it up..his back feet and back end are a mess but ive taken all beds away and left litter trays instead....fingers crossed!

usually never but sometimes bif gets a little mucky from soft poo squashing! but she cleans herself.

i was worrie dwhen i saw the title of this thread that i hadnt been doing soemthing i shoudl of lol....so glad to read lots of other "nevers"...

my bunnies both have white feet, being english,a nd an english cross, but they tend to keep them nice and clean, so never had a need to.

me too was having a panic..lol

only ever had to wash mine once. when one of them had trodden in diaorrhea, can't remember which one it was now though!

Never washed my bunnies feet... they don't need it! I just make sure I use lots of litter to soak up the wee, then if they DO get things on their feet they spend half their time grooming anyway so always lovely and clean! :D

that's exactly my concern. Take Minnie for e.g., she would pee on flat surface and the circle of urine will expand, to the point that some urine soaked her feet.

She then use her tongue to lick the somewhat soaked urine on her feet. And this is the same concern when they lick their urine after they pee. I don't like the idea of bunny licking urine, either off the floor or from their feet, for the simple fact that there can be bacteria on any urine.

But you guys are saying let them lick their urine?

I don't like the idea of bunny licking urine, either off the floor or from their feet, for the simple fact that there can be bacteria on any urine.

But you guys are saying let them lick their urine?

I thought urine was virtually sterile? Don't they say in survival training that if you cut yourself you should pee on it to disinfect it? :?

AMETHYST

How come 'never' is not an option?:lol:

Bunnies in the wild don't get their feet washed by humans so I don't think the whole urine-licking thing is an issue.:D

Last edited:
Never has to wash any feet here, and I dont think licking a bit of pee of their feet is going to hurt them.

Never had to wash my buns feet, for a start urine is sterile and seeings they eat their own droppings and generally wash by grooming themselves I don't see that a bit of urine will make the slightest bit of difference.

Back