• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How often do you clean out your buns/ piggies hutches/cages

How often do you clean out your buns/piggies hutches/cages?

• daily

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • every other day

• as soon as becomes dirty

• Total voters
I voted every other day but actually it is a mixture.

My bunny gets cleaned out every day - full clean out. I also clean/sweep it out throughout the day as well. As he has arthritis he doesn't do always do a good job of cleaning himself so I have to make sure his cage is always spotless.

My piggys get spot cleaned every day and are then cleaned out every other day.

Once a week I do my 'big clean' for all of them when I wash all the toys/igloos, disinfect etc and generally spend a lot more time making sure everything is done.

I clean mine out every other day - they are sort of litter trained and have two litter trays that both get used, but they also use the bottom floor of their hutch too amongst all the straw and hay! so they get cleaned out every other day. In the summer the litter tray gets cleaned out daily.

I clean litter trays daily, & each section is swept every other day. Any hutch buns (fosters), have their mucky bits cleaned every other day & full hutch clean once a week.

I do a full disinfect of each section once/twice a month depending on how much **** is stuck to laminate :lol:

I empty litter tray every day, and sweep up stray hay and poos from runs twice a week. Once a week on weekends clean whole thing and disinfect, wash water bottles, etc and probably clean their toys every coupe of weeks.

Spacegirl said:
I'm surprised so many people clean once a week :shock: Are they all incredibly good at using a litter tray?!
I do mine every other day (complete clean out) and a bit of sweeping up on the days between.
Even my "tidy" buns would be up to their knees in poop after a week! :lol:

Audrey never goes to the toilet in her cage- just in her litter tray which is just outside the crate :)

however, she does have a favourite patch on the kitchen floor where she likes to poo and wee :roll: :lol: ...which I obviously clean up straight away!

Mine are very good bunnies and use their litter trays all the time. Consequently the litter trays get cleaned every other day, and the whole enclosures gets a good clean once a week. Usually only involves sweeping up some hay, and cleaning water bottles.

i clean all the bunnies litter trays and giddy pigs every other day (and wash with vinegar once a week) - apart from Lola's which i do every day

i hoover out their pens (which are just sections of carpeted room) every day and wash frida's blanket and zebs vetbed every week

piggies - i clean the dirty section of flori and snowflakes cage every day and only change the rest every fortnight as its very big and they only go to the loo in one corner. gideon the same as he only goes to the loo in his litter tray, clever piggy

Back