• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much water do you buns drink?

Treacle44

Warren Scout
Mine don't seem to drink very much at this time of year. They used to down a large bottle a day in the summer, but lately, it's probably about 200mls max between the 3 of them.

Should I be worried?

Mine don't drink much in the winter... Bertie drinks out of a bottle which he likes and Fudge and Furby like to drink out of a bowl..

Mine drink hardly anything at all, in the summer I'd say they go through 1/4 - 1/3 of a big bottle between them, max, and much less in the winter. When Harly was on probiotics was hard getting them in2 him cuz he hardly drinks, so I had 2 jst dilute them in a little water then soak his veg in it, so at least he was gettin some

Mine don't appear to be drinking that much at the moment. They drink from bowls, so quite difficult to gauge. I certainly never see them drinking, but the water in the bowls does go down slowly.

My bunny doesn't drink much at the moment either, but I put it down to it being winter.

I've only twice noticed my rabbits drinking anything!

When they were neutered/spayed and once on a very hot day last summer.

Kate

Its normal for them to drink less in the winter. Also, if they are eating ltos of veg and grass they will drink less water.

we have two water bottles on our hutch but since we put a water bowl in they never seem to touch them, just go straight for the bowl, ive seen both drinking serveral times but i couldnt tell you how much.... they have a rabbit of running around and nudging the bowl so it spills everywhere! means it gets changed about 2/3 times a day!!

the cutest bit is when duke drinks from it and then you can see him lick his lips after!! :D

I saw Trooper and Lillie drinking this morning, nearly one after the other :lol: Can't really tell if they or drinking less or not because they have only been living with us this winter/last part of autumn :lol: (Trooper in October 06, Lillie in Feb 07)

Kirsty x

Daisy drinks a bowl or more a day. Who knows how much of it she tramples around though :lol: .

Fidget drinks significantly less, and from a bottle.

As spacegirl says, they will drink less if they have fresh veggies as they get some water from those :love:

Jen hardly drinks at all during the day, as she gets her veggies in the morning. During the night though she drinks more, probably because she gets her pellets at about 8pm and they are drier :D

It definitely varies. I dont know about seasons cos I've only had Muppet seven weeks but he varies a lot from day to day.

He has a bowl which I refresh twice a day. Sometimes it's nearly empty and sometimes it looks as if he hasnt touched it.

(Oddly enough he doesnt spill it or throw the bowl around. He must have common sense to realise that would result in wet bedding and nothing to drink!! :lol:)

Back