• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how many times has your insurance paid out for a dental.

Sounds like I may have been a bit luckier with Pet Plan paying out for dentals for my rabbit.
He has elongated tooth roots, for which he is on daily doses of Metacam and Baytril and will be for the rest of his life. He also needs regular dentals to have spurs burred down.
I started claiming for his dentals last April and they paid for about 3 or 4 I think. First one they paid for everything bills are usually between £100-£150 a time. 2nd dental they paid for everything apart from about £30 for the actual cost of burring teeth, so still well worth claiming for if you are getting back about £100. 3rd and 4th dentals did the same paid for claim apart from the £30 burring fee. Then after that they paid next claim, apart from burring cost but this time rejected the £40 anaesthetic cost my vets got them to re-assess and then they paid me the anaesthetic fee!
Then the next claim they rejected the whole claim saying they would not pay out any more for any part of his dentals. They said all the other dentals they had paid for or part paid for had been paid to me in error!!!

So the bad news is they will now not pay anything towards costs of his dentals. The good news is that because he has elongated tooth roots they will continue to pay for his monthly checkups and also pay for his Metacam and Baytril as this is claimed for as 'Dentistry'.

Has any one had a similar thing to this happen to them where they have paid for quite a long time then changed their mind?

Sorry for long post!

Back