• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many of you would eat rabbit meat?

How many of you would eat rabbit meat?

• Total voters
I haven't yet eaten rabbit (to my knowledge! When I lived in Cyprus and France, I sometimes wasn't sure what I was eating :shock: ), although it would be very hypocritical of me not to, as I am a meat eater.
I have a lot to say on this, but I can't express myself very well at the moment, so I'll unscramble my brain, and post later.
In summary, I feel very similarly to Phill.

i dont think eating rbbitis any different to eating any other meat ...and dont have anything against anyone eating it ..but ....no i wouldnt eat it i f i had a choice.

its not something recent i have always thought the same even when i was growing up .

just the same i couldnt eat duck , goose , venison , shark , octopus ....to name a few ...
dont know why ...just couldnt :?

i wouldnt eat it....noway.
As i said on the last post i only eat chicken, cow and fish (tuna)
Only reason is because when i was younger thats what i was given..
I would never start eating another animal. I`d rather stop eating them alltogether than eat every animal... wont go near lamb, rabbit, duck etc x

I voted no because im a veggie :D I dont plan on ever eating meat so im glad eating a rabbit is not a decision I will ever have to make :wink: But like the others have said chickens, sheep and cows are just as important as rabbits so why is it acceptable to eat them :?: :D

I said no, but because I don't like the taste of rabbit meat. I don't like hare, deer or moose, either.
If I liked the taste of it, I would eat any meat. But I am a fuss pot.

I also agree with Jane. I wouldn't eat a pet, but I eat meat, so why should a cow get eaten but a rabbit not? :?

Saying that though I wouldn't choose to eat it. Say if I went to a restaurant I wouldn't pick rabbit. But if someone put it in front of me I wouldn't not eat it.

I wouldn't, because I'd feel like a hypocrite. I eat meat, but I couldn't eat rabbits, unless my survival depended on it.

Sheep and cows are important but unfortunately I enjoy eating meat. So the compromise I make is to only buy free-range.

AMETHYST

I wouldn't ever eat rabbit meat.

I don't like eating meat at all, I've tried going veggie so many times, it's hard though as I'm such a fussy eater and there isn't one vegetable that I eat. :lol: I'm trying again now, but taking it slow, cutting out red meat first and going on from there, will have to train myself to like vegetables. :?

i have done once before (my dad made me) but i would never do it willingly. i love my bunnies and, although not a vegetarian and therefore a HUGE hypocrite, I couldn't eat something i consider cute and fuzzy... if i was forced to scavenge for all my own food i'd become an instant veggie - could never kill my own food!

Well, as you know, I have just come back from Brussels, there were lots of 'lapin' dishes on the menu, but neither hubby or I were tempted. To be honest I don't eat a lot of meat, and what I eat is 95% chicken anyway.

However, in principle I don't see any difference between eating rabbit and any other animal, I just would personnally not choose to do so.

Never, Never, Never! :shock: Its wrong :cry:, as is in my oppinion, eating any animal. To me eating an animal is as bad as eating a human.

I havnt been vegetarian long (5 months or so), but i can honestly say i don't miss meat at all. I ate fish and chicken and very rarely beef, but i agree with what people are saying, there shouldnt be a difference choosing between species, which is why i stopped eating fish too. I now dont eat any meat. But even if i did eat meat, i wouldnt eat rabbit/lamb. I dont know why though, so dont ask!!

I eat meat but would never eat rabbit. Not sure why that makes me a hypocrite in some people's minds, to be honest. Food is about personal choice - if something doesn't look appetising or you don't like the idea of it, you don't eat it, right? It's not about discrimination to me - it's about personal tastes.

I can understand why people would go veggie but I don't have a varied enough diet to make it work.

SarahP said:
Food is about personal choice - if something doesn't look appetising or you don't like the idea of it, you don't eat it, right? It's not about discrimination to me - it's about personal tastes.

:thumb:

beckiboo186 said:
Never, Never, Never! :shock: Its wrong :cry:, as is in my oppinion, eating any animal. To me eating an animal is as bad as eating a human.

I agree. I have never and would never eat a bunny. Before I was vegetarian I eat very few meats but even that made me feel terrible. I feel so much better for giving up totally.

I voted no

I eat meat and enjoy the taste of most meat but I couldn't eat rabbit - I've cooked wild rabbit for my son as he wanted to try it (and I couldn't come up with a good reason why he shouldn't) but the sight of it and smell of it made me feel so sick I couldn't eat it myself. I can't eat deer either but have no problem eating duck (love it mmmmmm)

I don't keep chickens or sheep but I'm sure if I had a pet lamb I would feel the same about lamb

Living up in Lancs we are lucky in that it is relatively easy to find locally reared meat and you can buy it directly from the farm so you can see it has been free range and treated right. I don't like eating any meat from the supermarket as you have no idea of the conditions. Likewise I would never buy rabbit reared for meat, only wild rabbit.

My son asked me the other day how old he has to be before he can have a gun - erm... why I asked.... "kill my own food" was the answer :shock:

^ Ah, you just reminded me, after saying my answer I wont eat deer. The thought just makes me think of bambi and want to cry. :-(

I never ate rabbit meat when I did eat meat so I suppose I should say no for that reason...in principle I think wild meat is better than farmed meat. But I can't give an honest answer becasue I genuinly could not imagine eating any other meat ever again. I would not eat my own rabbits even if my life depended on it which it never would becasue there is plently of things around to eat. I'd rather eat a snail if I had to. Or I'd go free-ganease and go skip diving :lol:

Back