• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long would you wait for a rescue bunny?

Thank you all for your support and suggestions. Its much appreciated
This is not the first time Ive been in this position, but its certainly the hardest one to bear.
I so thought Lucy and Sonny would have a long happy life together and this has just devastated me
Taken your advice Jane..... and put him a big box in, which he is now busy trashing :roll:
I wouldn't take him anywhere for speed dating or bonding... that's done here... I know my bunny and I know what type of girl is likely to be suitable for him.... Hopefully there is one out there for him... :( Ill keep on looking and pestering Angie.... She knows Sonny as he came from BARC too xx

The other thing is to call the rescue and see what's on their waiting list. It's possible they've got girls waiting for a space or recovering from a neuter that aren't advertised but could be right for you. Particularly if you've had bunnies from the rescue before so you are already home checked and they know you have a lonely bun waiting :)

^^ I think this is very good advice :D

Just to share my experience, I lost Hoppy at the beginning of the summer and hated Petal being alone so rushed very quickly to try to bond her with another male. It didn't go very well and I felt that the stress of losing her partner coupled with the stress of bonding was actually worse than if I'd left it for a few weeks to let her adjust. My circumstances were different as there was lots of toing and froing as we were moving house as well and also used a bonding service at a rescue. However, I wonder how much Petal picked up on my stress and grief over Hoppy.
I guess what I'm saying is there is bound to be the perfect girl out there, but perhaps it might be for the best if you have to wait a couple of weeks. I know what you're going through though and I know that feeling of wanting to eleviate any loneliness or sadness for your remaining bun.

Thanks Barb xx I never thought looking for another rescue bunny would prove so difficult.. After contacting at least 10 rescues in and around our area.... nothing has anything, which in a way I suppose is good..... but my point is...... if you cant rescue what do you do? :(

I don't know June. Isn't it difficult. I'm sure he would be fine with a younger companion but I guess you don't want to sort of start again with a youngster of, say, 1-2. Perhaps give it another week, particularly as the children have now gone back to school and decide they can't be bothered with bunny. After that I think I would erm erm look for a rescue 'elsewhere' but they would,probably be younger, too.x

I don't know June. Isn't it difficult. I'm sure he would be fine with a younger companion but I guess you don't want to sort of start again with a youngster of, say, 1-2. Perhaps give it another week, particularly as the children have now gone back to school and decide they can't be bothered with bunny. After that I think I would erm erm look for a rescue 'elsewhere' but they would,probably be younger, too.x

Sonny is only around a year old, so a youngster would be fine.... xxxx

I know it is a couple of hours from you but Honeybunnies, on their Facebook page, have some lovely girls.

I'm sorry for your loss June xxx.

Would you be willing to travel to Knutsford Cheshire? Rabbit Rescue North West ( on my Fb and where I get all my rabbits from) may be able to help you... ?

Back