• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long have people had rabbits for?

I Had a giant white albino rabbit called Snowy (original:D) when i was wee about 7 or 8. He used to growl and chase the dog and he would stand up on his hind legs holding on to his wire mesh and spray you with urine when you went to say hello.:roll: My Mum says i used to come into the kitchen and say "Snowy has just peed on me" My brother and i used to race our wee dog Dandy and Snowy up the stairs in the house, the rabbit always won and beat the wee dog up! Snowy was no way intimidated by Dandy! Snowy would hump everyone who came in the house, including all the family and the dog. No one neutered rabbits in the 70s! He had free run of the garden with a Tortoise called Toby and was fed potato peelings! as well as rabbit pellets. Choc biscuits, pretty much anything we ate apart from meat!:shock: In the end his humping and spraying and biting got too much and my Dad told me he was going to a big rabbit warren in the local nature park with some bunny pals! I remember going with him and Snowy was put in a large outdoor enclosure with an injured Barn owl!!!! It was a tame one. He was later released into a large grassy enclosure with several other domestic rabbits and they formed their own warren. When i went back the next summer i couldnt see Snowy but there were dozens of Large, white albino rabbits. Probaby spraying and biting all the visitors.:lol: I will remember him all my life.:love: I still have rabbits now.

Last edited:
Back