• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long have people had rabbits for?

I got my first bunny when I was 9, that was 23 years ago!! I've had rabbits ever since, although I know so much more now than I did back then!! :wave:

Nearly my whole life (19 years). My family had a big rabbit, possibly a flemish giant, when I was a baby. When she died of possible old age we got 3 (german?) lops for easter when I was about 3 and we haven't been without rabbits ever since.

We've always had at least 3 bunnies since I was 5 (living as singles or same sex pairs), which was in 1988.

My parents did their best in the early days, did their research and all the info was different then from now.

The first rabbit I took responsibility for myself was Flash, and he arrived the 8th May 2005 and I sucked at looking after him, and the other bunnies we had at the time, but I really tried. Sadly we had a shocking vet. Once I joined a rabbit forum and started to learn properly about how to care for them with todays knowledge, then things went much better :D

Had them as a child and really failed them.

But as an adult i've had them for about 7 months and I dote on them :oops: :lol:

About a year and a half I think?

I was never allowed them growing up but they have always been my favourite animals from childhood - my first toy was a tiny cuddly bunny that I used to call "Boody" because I couldn't get my mouth around the "bunny" word ("ponies" were "poddies" as well).

Juno and Verity came to us by accident and despite the horrendous vets bills they are the best addition to the household!

About a year and a half I think?

I was never allowed them growing up but they have always been my favourite animals from childhood - my first toy was a tiny cuddly bunny that I used to call "Boody" because I couldn't get my mouth around the "bunny" word ("ponies" were "poddies" as well).

Juno and Verity came to us by accident and despite the horrendous vets bills they are the best addition to the household!

surprised you haven't named any of your rabbits Boody :lol:

On and off my whole life(from age of about 4 so 20 yrs). At least for the last 2 and a bit years full time.

We weren't allowed any pets as a child :( I was very jealous of my cousin who had a lovely English bunny who freeranged their very large garden during the day, freeranged the house in the evening and overnighted in his hutch. Unusual for the 1980s I would think. He also used to get given the occasional half an After Eight, which I imagine is a very bad thing to feed a rabbit. Maybe the mint taste that he liked? And he lived to over 10 :?

I've had rabbits now for almost 11 years and couldn't be without them. My OH always says when these 3 die off (eventually), we shouldn't get any more but he knows deep down that as long as I have a spare shed/run/garden and there are bunnies needing homes, we will have buns :D:D:D

I'm a relative n00b, having only had Zoidberg for about a year now. I remember how little I knew compared to what I know now which still isn't a lot!! Now we've got Mary I'm learning even more!!

I'd never had a rabbit before, altho I had dogs n cats as a kid growing up...

3 weeks tomorrow :D

Back