• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How has having rabbits changed your life?

I live in a hovel with poo all over the floor and a bit of wee too. My house smells, it's chewed to bits, I have cables running up and across walls, barriers to sto buns getting places that make my life a constant state of moving things and/or falling over stuff. I'm covered in rabbit hair, on anti-histimines due to rabbit hair, house is chewed, no money as all spent on buns, get scratched and bitten twice daily giving Mills her meds, get bitten when asleep and jumped on by aforementioned Little Miss Millicent, wallpaper torn off, carpets eaten, holes in curtains, have to crawl under bed to hoover wearing damp rubber gloves to collect fur, hoover attacked by aforementioned Mills, search for dandelions in snow, Go out when ill for bunny veg. Can't go out for long or overnight as trust no-one to look after buns. Am pooh obsessed. Mum (who owns my house) very angry with mess, lots of arguments and threats of eviction. Life not that of 'normal' human. BUT wouldn't be without buns for the world. They're the naughtiest creatures EVER but hearing them run about and watching them cuddle makes me feel I've got at least one thing right in life. Wish didn't have to have all the mess and fur but happily live like this as I know Rupert and Mills and those we miss have been happy. If they're happy, I'm happy.

Having Rabbits has kept me out of the Funny Farm for the last 13 years. Prior to that I got locked up at least three times a year. I am still a fruit loop and I have an 'unconventional' lifestyle. But my Rabbits are my best friends and they mean more to me than anyone or any thing. I have to remain on planet earth whilst I have them, I could NEVER let them down by abandoning them. Rabbits saved my life really, sounds a bit melodramatic but it's 100% true.

When I first got them I thought it would always be holds and just cleaning them out once a week but no it was always holds always a empty piggy bank always clothes covered in hay and rabbit fur, always giving up my weekends but I always have something to be happy about , and it's ALWAYS worth it :love:

My rabbits have made me the person I am today! They gave me a career (website and magazine), a family(don't have children) and a reason to get out of bed everyday!

They helped me fight depression when my life was unbearable and I can relate to all of you who struggle with health issues and who's bunnies help them through!

Bunnies are my world!:love:

There are moments when I look at our 2 and still cannot quite believe we've 2 bunnies bouncing around our flat...and then I get scared as there are 2 very important lives dependant on us...and then one of them does something totally bonkers and all my worries and stresses just disappear. They are my first thought in the morning and my last thought at night - and just about all my thoughts inbetween.

I never ever thought I could feel so much love to an animal - yeah, I've always loved animals - but these 2 just bring out every maternal thing in me (ha - I knew I had maternal feelings in me somewhere - just never thought it would be these naughty, daft creatures that would activate it.... :lol:)...

Our lounge/dining room is now geared totally towards the bunnies and although we have a large dining room and a lovely dining room table - guests have to eat from their laps as the bunnies are resident in the dining room and it's their space. :D

Won't be having a Christmas tree this year as don't want bunnies to eat it.

Can't have the lounge/dining room too warm - they don't like it...so us hoooman are always just slightly cold so the bunnies are comfortable.

Lazy Sunday morning sleepins? Nah - don't know what you mean.

Oh -- and hubbies lunch is just not the same now if I miss out the piece of hay that always ends in there...:D

Hard for me to answer since I've always had rabbits. My parents had a rabbit that ended up passing away when I was a baby/toddler and then when I was 2 (nearly 3) my parents got my siblings and I three rabbits and we haven't been without rabbits since. So it's hard to think how they've changed my life when I can hardly remember life without them :lol: I know they were one of my first pets and started my love of animals

I can quite safely say that having Stephen has made coping with depression for the last 6 months almost bearable. He has made me smile and laugh when I've felt like quitting on life. I couldn't live without our sofa cuddles now, and I so enjoy picking poop up off the floor before the visitors come around! And I am looking forward to trying to live with a bunny in my bathroom until Christmas!

Back