• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How does your work/job view your rabbits??

My boss is vaguely aware of my buns but there are over 100 employees in my dept alone so I don't expect them to know or care. There is always someone at home so the buns are monitored regularly. I'm really lucky its that way just. My work are flexible about time off so long as I work the hours back. Most times if there is an emergency or poorly bun my OH sends me a text and takes bun straight to the vet. It can be pretty agonising to eait for news at work though.

I have thankfully never needed time off for the rabbits, but I think my boss wouldn't mind me being late to take them to the vets.

I can't take time off from my job because I'm a teacher but my department have been so understanding since I lost Inky on Friday. Luckily, I'm living with my parents at the moment, so there is usually someone around to keep an eye on things.

Most of them texted me after they learned of his passing and one has even donated money to the RWA in his memory. Since I went back to work on Monday, they've been so kind and keep asking to see how Smokey is doing on her own.

I have been late getting to work because of being to the vets and work were fine about it, they know Bun lives with me in the house and that Bun is my version of a cat/dog (obv better in my opinion though lol) they generally think of rabbits as disposable hutch pets but I think their views have changed since Ive had Bun. Infact I know they have because they started up a neutering fund for Bun at work lol (they were putting their spare change in it!!!)
However I wouldnt be able to leave work because of Bun because of our lone working policy at work which would mean my colleague would be lone working, however im lucky boyf is around to do stuff with Bun.
I wish I could take Bun into work that would be great but I think infection control would have something to say about that. On the whole though they are generally as accommadting as they can be which is good!

I'm a childminder so never have any problems, if I need to take mine to the vets the children come too, they think its great going to the vets:shock:
The children also enjoy taking part in the care of all my critters and parents like the fact that I hve lots of animals for them to see as ususaly the parents dont have animals as they dont have time for them.
I have even had parents put their children with me because we own a dog and they want their children to be used to dogs and not afraid of them!

Back