• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you syringe feed without the syringe getting clogged?

They kept him in for 2 days being syringe fed but yesterday he started to do a little poo and the bloods didn't show much except low blood cell counts. So we brought him home and he started eating on his own immediately. He also did a fair bit of poo overnight so I'm hoping he is okay now. Was preparing to syringe feed him the fine stuff, but now it isn't really needed. It's so hard to make the judgement when they're so scared at the vets they won't eat on their own :?
Really glad to hear he is home and eating OK on his own. Hope he'll be fine now. :)

I might buy some of the Oxbow Fine Grind stuff just to keep for emergencies - can you give me an idea of when the expiry date is please? Ta.

Really glad to hear he is home and eating OK on his own. Hope he'll be fine now. :)

I might buy some of the Oxbow Fine Grind stuff just to keep for emergencies - can you give me an idea of when the expiry date is please? Ta.

The Fine Grind and the normal stuff I got from the vet both say 10/11 which I hope means October 2011, but they are an american company so not completely sure.

The Fine Grind and the normal stuff I got from the vet both say 10/11 which I hope means October 2011, but they are an american company so not completely sure.
Ah, yes - I'd think it's probably Oct 2011 but it could be Nov 2010 as you say! Thanks anyway.

Just to update, I bought some of the Critical Care Fine Grind which arrived today. The expiry date on mine is 2/12, so I think you can safely assume that yours is October 2011 and not Nov 2010. :)

Or can you get to the vet for a giant syringe? I struggled for ages but when Bubs was really bad, they gave me a giant one. Looking at the size of it, I think it is for a horse...

Back