• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do people cope with house rabbits??!!

Aren't some buns just naughty no matter where they are?
Ruby, failed foster bun nearly came off the failed foster list yesterday when she carefully topped 4 different varieties of chilli plant.
She ate all the leaves & 1/2 a serrano while I had a quick shower!
She would probably consume the house if she lived inside & I dared to wash my hair!

Rimmi has started coming in to wake me up early in the morning..... like 5am, by jumping on the bed and digging my legs..... just in case its time for breakfast! :lol:

Aren't some buns just naughty no matter where they are?
Ruby, failed foster bun nearly came off the failed foster list yesterday when she carefully topped 4 different varieties of chilli plant.
She ate all the leaves & 1/2 a serrano while I had a quick shower!
She would probably consume the house if she lived inside & I dared to wash my hair!

:lol: Julie likes hot peppers also.

Hmmmm. Like this?
Tillywantsawash.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: Great picture!

I love my housebun! He has just started sleeping in the bed next to my OH :lol:

The worst mine have done is wreck the sofa:roll:

Yesterday I decided to give the conservatory carpet a really good clean, so Oscar and Sea were confined to the top 6ft of the room whilst the carpet dried.

Oscar had the biggest tantrum ever for being "locked away" - he's absolutely demolished their cardboard hidey, chucked everything out the litter trays, and widdled on the carpet.
Sea spent all afternoon chewing the bars of the panels used to block them off, like she's been cruelly confined all her life:roll:

It was very funny to watch though:lol:

B&G are both house bunnys. They do cause a little destruction, but not enough to warrant me getting upset/angry, i tend to just laugh now :lol:

I have three bunnies in the house who are now confined to our (large) kitchen unless they are supervised. I spend a lot of time in there with them and they're always following me around and like camping out between my feet! OH has never been mad keen on them and their relationship became even more ropey when he started work one morning with no phone or laptop due to some chewing! It's really his fault for leaving cables hanging over the edge of the table but when I pointed this out I wasn't too popular! The holes in the upstairs carpets haven't gone down too well either. They have a sand/earth box to dig in as well as lots of toys but as always it's no fun if you're meant to have it.

OH said I can have them as house bunnies permanantly if I wanted to. But we already have a gorgeos shed/run outside, so the only solution is to bring these two inside and get another two outdoor rabbits.

I think that sounds like a plan? ;)

Your buns sound like such characters! :love:

I have 2 nethies I was in two minds about.They lived outside until last year.But now they are in, they have a puppy pen on top of a tarp, which Ive wrapped round the pen to keep the great mounds of hay in......then,I let the 2 little ones roam the ground floor.They tire easily cos of spine deformity, so spend practically all of the time in the pen.No mischief at all.Just poop.
Mrs Bun and Roland cause havoc when visiting.Phones etc etc.And they slide on the laminate.Not nice for them...they love the stairs though.

:lol: why am I not surprised!
Was a bit worried when Ruby ate the actual chili but she seems fine.

I first found out that Julie liked hot peppers right after I got her. I read that spraying the base boards with a spray made from chili peppers would discourage chewing. ha ha She went nuts licking and licking everything that I had sprayed. I mentioned it to her vet who told me some rabbits loved hot stuff. She has gobbled hot peepers that fell on the floor before too. Strange but she loves the taste.

Mine are a pain in the bum but I would never be without them.
Marnie has an obsession with chewwing baby gates (even if they aren't closed :roll: ) Blue wees on the sofa if you upset/offend/don't fuss him quick enough/don't share whatever it is you're eating/move when he is comfy.
I've lot count of the things they have eaten that the shouldn;t have done....and the times they've nearly killed me by sending me flying. But I love them soooo much...and when you see them flopped out on the sofa enjoying just being with you....or sharing the Rosies carry cot it's worth every chewwed cable and all the other things they do :love:

Back