• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do people cope with house rabbits??!!

I know the feeling! :roll:

naughtym.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::love::love::love:

OH said I can have them as house bunnies permanantly if I wanted to. But we already have a gorgeos shed/run outside, so the only solution is to bring these two inside and get another two outdoor rabbits.

I love having ours indoors, I could never have outdoor rabbits again. Shame they haven't learned what they're not allowed to chew :lol::lol: So full of mischief :lol::lol:

OH said I can have them as house bunnies permanantly if I wanted to. But we already have a gorgeos shed/run outside, so the only solution is to bring these two inside and get another two outdoor rabbits.

Cracking! Maybe you could take on two of the Horsford rabbits? :thumb:

I'd sooo love my two to be indoor but they wouldnt have the same space as they have now. I *think* i'm doing the best because of space???

This has just reminded me...with no word of a lie, Biscuit once jumped up on the sofa and took my glasses :shock: Little imp :love:

We have a large front bay window, it took no less than 5 grown men with scaffolding to put the new double-glazed window my dad designed and made from scratch into place!

A couple of weeks later, marmite jumped up onto the window seat and bit a chuck out of the brand new window sill... My dad had overlooked the nibbling of the Stag drinks cabinet and wallpaper in the dining room, but that day she was not very popular and was banned from entering the sitting room again! Whoops lol

RAA; try doing it whilst your trying to revise and little Miss Lola-Naughtybum is trying to steal grapes, plums and pears out of the fruit bowl on the coffee table. So you move the fruit bowl to the mantle piece and she then decides that chocolate biscuits look much more appetising; jumps on the coffee table and tries to get them; but fails miserbaly because unfortunately for Little Miss Lola naughtybum the wrapper is very noisy! :no:

:D.

She also shredded some of my revision yesterday :lol:.. sigh, too bad I love her! :love:

Hessen that pic of Rum and Raisin in the fridge is classic!!

Mine go crazy when I come into the room (well when it's not nap time), they would probably follow me if they could (and frequently try to - the amount of times Smudge ends up the wrong side of the baby gate with me bemused as to how he slipped past me yet again)

Fortunately wire proofing I have learnt how to get around so it's doubly protected and neat looking. Bed weeing has finally been sorted more or less. Chewing furniture has lessened.

It's been over three years since they became house bunnies and it's only recently got the stage where I think we've cracked it :lol::lol:

I say all that stuff is just life with a house bun. Julie does all that stuff and more. Today I spent about 20 minutes panicking looking everywhere for her. I was cleaning out her cage and she was following me. I took it out to the garage. I thought that I cased the door behind me but came back to find it open and Julie no where to be seen. I searched the house and garage and thought that she might of sneaked out and was missing. I called and called and she finally pops her head out of the laundry basket. She was asleep under the clothes.:lol: Frightened me. Julie will be sound asleep across the room and can make it to the fridge in a heart beat when the door is opened. She also sneaks into closets and we accidental close her in. She will just hide.

Awwww.... I so miss having bunnies in the house :cry: I used to love my boy Gabriel sleeping on the pillow next to me :love::love:

For anyone who doesn't know, I have ASBO bunnies now!! :lol::lol::lol: So they have their own houses they can destroy and never get told off.... I believe they are happpier... but house bunnies are amazing!!!

Wanna swap bunnies???! lol Mine dont do anything like that but I so wish they would!

They just sit upstairs snuggled up together and dont really do anything at all. They are allowed anywhere in the house but just stay in 1 room mostly, I wish they were more adventurous....maybe they are a little too old for trouble making (they are nearly 6 and 7 years old)

Bless your cute buns :love:

Awww Bailey is exactly the same but hes only a year old! He just chills in my room and in one spot on the landing.
I need to get him a new friend really but atm its not practical :( eventhough i have seen the perfect friend for him:
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=22284 (and we have the same name :lol: )

I say all that stuff is just life with a house bun. Julie does all that stuff and more. Today I spent about 20 minutes panicking looking everywhere for her. I was cleaning out her cage and she was following me. I took it out to the garage. I thought that I cased the door behind me but came back to find it open and Julie no where to be seen. I searched the house and garage and thought that she might of sneaked out and was missing. I called and called and she finally pops her head out of the laundry basket. She was asleep under the clothes.:lol: Frightened me. Julie will be sound asleep across the room and can make it to the fridge in a heart beat when the door is opened. She also sneaks into closets and we accidental close her in. She will just hide.

This is my dream :love: to have a pair of house bunnies that have access to the entire house or level. :love: But in our house with all the junk my parents accumulate I just wouldn't be able to adequately proof everything.

Back