• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how do i get rid of it?

Thats a very big pen, sure he'll love it! But if hes going to be taking up so much of your room, why dont you just have him freerange? Easy to bunny-proof with nic panels and cable piping:)

well i would but i havent got enought money to bunny proff and i dont think it would work out well. my brothers cant shut a door after them. and im always leaving things lying around on the floor only because i keep forgetting lol

maybe when im living in my own flat ill do it. ive told OH that if i get a 2 bedroom flat that we are gonna give scooter a room of his own, maybe with a couple of other friends if possible, OH wants to get some guinea pigs as well. but i think ill just stick to my rabbits.

Thick bleach works really well in getting black mould marks of sealent around windows and also off the walls, it works out a lot cheaper as well.

The product you are suggesting also works well.

i would use bleach but im sort of allergic to some products and bleach is one of them along with many others. i cant touch it even if its diluted not unless i wanna spend the last month or so looking like a leper.

well i would but i havent got enought money to bunny proff and i dont think it would work out well. my brothers cant shut a door after them. and im always leaving things lying around on the floor only because i keep forgetting lol

maybe when im living in my own flat ill do it. ive told OH that if i get a 2 bedroom flat that we are gonna give scooter a room of his own, maybe with a couple of other friends if possible, OH wants to get some guinea pigs as well. but i think ill just stick to my rabbits.

Haha okay a 12ft by 5ft pen will cost you way more though :lol: it cost me less than £15 to bunnyproof my room but around £90 to create his 4ftx4ft base. An idea might be to just have a fence/barrier across your room, that would be a bit cheaper.

By the way, be aware a lot of these products have bleach in them, check the labels carefully. They tend to be harsh products as they are meant to remove the mould. So if you have sensitive skin make sure you wear gloves.

You need to work out why the wall is wet, otherwise the mould will keep coming back regardless of how much you treat it. Using products on the mould just treats a symptom but the underlying dampness will still be there so the mould will come back, and the dampness starts a vicious circle because it makes the wall colder anyway.

Whereabouts on the wall is it? Is it an external wall? Which direction does it face? How old is the house? It could either be due to a leak on the outside - so have a look and see if there is a leaking gutter, large crack, missing tiles/slates etc which could indicate this, or it could be condensation.

Condensation is caused by an imbalance in one or more of four things: amount of moisture (does the house produce excess moisture, for instance by drying clothes on radiators in rooms, bathroom not having an extract fan or not using the window to let moisture out); lack of ventilation (i.e. the normal amount of moisture can't get out); inadequate heating (means that the air can't hold as much moisture and it therefore condenses out on the coldest surfaces), and/or inadequate insulation (often forms on the coldest, north facing outside wall, where the air can't hold the moisture when it hits that cold wall).

So you really need to have a think about why it is happening and try and work out which of those four factors you need to change in order to prevent it from recurring. Why is your room so cold? Does it not have heating or do you not have it on? Is it north facing? Is there a lack of wall/loft insulation in there? Do you dry clothes in there? Is there an extract or window in the bathroom? etc etc...

If you paint over it/use a mildew remover, it might stop the mould (for a time anyway) but it won't resolve the damp that causes the mould. To resolve the problem you need to stop the reason that the dampness is happening.

Good luck xx

Haha okay a 12ft by 5ft pen will cost you way more though :lol: it cost me less than £15 to bunnyproof my room but around £90 to create his 4ftx4ft base. An idea might be to just have a fence/barrier across your room, that would be a bit cheaper.

By the way, be aware a lot of these products have bleach in them, check the labels carefully. They tend to be harsh products as they are meant to remove the mould. So if you have sensitive skin make sure you wear gloves.

ive already got the stuff to build a pen of that size but it looks like ill have to shorten it so it will be about 8ft to about 5. okay i will make sure for that, im more worried about him having ago at the wall as he likes to like them some times :roll:

You need to work out why the wall is wet, otherwise the mould will keep coming back regardless of how much you treat it. Using products on the mould just treats a symptom but the underlying dampness will still be there so the mould will come back, and the dampness starts a vicious circle because it makes the wall colder anyway.

Whereabouts on the wall is it? Is it an external wall? Which direction does it face? How old is the house? It could either be due to a leak on the outside - so have a look and see if there is a leaking gutter, large crack, missing tiles/slates etc which could indicate this, or it could be condensation.

Condensation is caused by an imbalance in one or more of four things: amount of moisture (does the house produce excess moisture, for instance by drying clothes on radiators in rooms, bathroom not having an extract fan or not using the window to let moisture out); lack of ventilation (i.e. the normal amount of moisture can't get out); inadequate heating (means that the air can't hold as much moisture and it therefore condenses out on the coldest surfaces), and/or inadequate insulation (often forms on the coldest, north facing outside wall, where the air can't hold the moisture when it hits that cold wall).

So you really need to have a think about why it is happening and try and work out which of those four factors you need to change in order to prevent it from recurring. Why is your room so cold? Does it not have heating or do you not have it on? Is it north facing? Is there a lack of wall/loft insulation in there? Do you dry clothes in there? Is there an extract or window in the bathroom? etc etc...

If you paint over it/use a mildew remover, it might stop the mould (for a time anyway) but it won't resolve the damp that causes the mould. To resolve the problem you need to stop the reason that the dampness is happening.

Good luck xx

the wall that it is one is the outside wall but its on the inside in my bedroom. it goes the length of the skirting board, around the window and on right side it creeps up the wall in the corner of the room. the house is about 123 years old i think not entirely sure but its around that. its has been creping up in certain parts of the house ever since that council took the boiler out and the old radiators and put a new combie boiler and new radiators in.

because its winter i dont open the windows cause i have an old hamster and i dont wanna get him cold and come in one day to find that hes dead. the window does have a vent which is open but ive had to shut it because the gall force winds was making my room really cold lol

we dont know why my room is cold it use to be one of the warmest places in the house until the council came in and replaces things. i always have the radiator turned on but my mom only has the heating on during the morning and during the night for about an hour. i dont dry any cloths in hea i do have a fair bit of furniture though. the window only had a vent on it it can open but ive already said why i dont open it. when it gets a bit warmer then i will.

Back