• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How did your rabbit get it's name???

Toffee - his colour! He's a strange harlequin and he was going to be Toffee or Caramel!
Ghostie - was going to be called Coffee to match Toffee but then was later revealed she was not brown but white (awful rescue case - encrusted in own excrement) Poor emaciated girly was nearly a ghost, and I don't know.. with her beautiful white fur and dark blue eyes... Ghost suited her! Nicknamed to Ghostie though!
Pickle Pudding - Already named by rescue but believed to be named around Christmas, and Kris wanted a Christmas theme (not sure how this ties in ;))
Benji - already named by Alison!
Scarlett - named after her beautiful colour (deep rufus red) Also she was so magnificent and elegant, Scarlett suited her :)
Frosty - Christmas theme going on with the naming of his siblings and mother at rescue. Frosty suited him due to his sealpoint markings and blue eyes(like frost)
Gabriel - (Same as above) - his mother was named Angel due to her colour and the torment she had been through. Gabriel and Angel were the same colour and both had red eyes so they needed matching names!
Whisper - (Same as above) Not sure why Whisper though to be honest! Think it just linked into theme somehow!

Last edited:
Jenson Bunny

Need I say more!
I spot a theme!!! :wave:

Actually I picked it before we even got him, I had to, my OH was coming up with all sorts of daft names!

matthew and tabitha are sensible old fashioned names that sound right with my surname.

this is because bridge bunnies hug and snug went to a vet who called you in by using your pets names and family name so..." hug and snug ****" which always sounded silly.

Starlight- I just saw her jet black fur and two little white paws, and instantly went "Starlight" Star for short.
Shadow- I just liked the name!
Moonshine- Started a bit of theme in my naming
Storm- As above, to go with the theme!
Scraggles- Moonshine's daughter, she was the runt, and ever since birth, she was so scraggely, and it stuck!
Twilight- To go with the theme again!
Autumn- I saw her, and she was such a beautiful red, like autumn leaves
Echo- Greek Goddess, loved the name
Eclipse- Again to go with the sky theme!

Ben-After Ben Linus on Lost
Jack-After Jack Shephard on Lost
Timothy-He loved his Timothy hay when he was a baby. So I named him after it and because I thought it was a cute name that suited him. Now he doesn't like Timothy hay so much :lol: :(

Maia - I liked the name, plain and simple. Our vet's called Maja so now we have big Maja and small Maia. :)
Mango - well, he's orange... :) and it was a sunny, funny name for a lovely bunny!

Parsley - her favourite food.
Gilbert - his name when I got him & even though it was a new beginning he just really suited it, so I kept it.
Aubrey - liked the name & he suits it.
Ruby - is my current foster bun & it was her name already but I accidentally call her Rosie quite often so maybe she should really be Rosie.
Tensing (RIP) - had Himalayan markings (get the tangent?) Tensing Norgay is one of my heros.

Bobby: because when Ian bought her home, I thought she HAD to be a naughty little boy... and the way her heard Bobbed up and down when she was checking something out! It wasn't untill she was six months old and speyed i knew for sure she was a girlie.

Carlo was named by Honey Bunny's rescue :love:

Bobby: because when Ian bought her home, I thought she HAD to be a naughty little boy... and the way her heard Bobbed up and down when she was checking something out! It wasn't untill she was six months old and speyed i knew for sure she was a girlie.

Carlo was named by Honey Bunny's rescue :love:

Snap: I have a BIG black boy called Bobby - name just seemed to suit him. Also, Sutton (connections with where I rescued him from) and Sable (because she is so pretty and suits her colour). Nicknames: Bobbsy, Sutts and Sabes.

My bun was first named Zeus, but it turned out my OH was joking when he suggested it and I hated it, so my sister said Pierre and I said Pepy. OH has always called him a little bunski from the start, so despite his name being Pepy, he knows his name is Bunski / Bunsk, not Pepy!! :lol:

BamBam - First bunny I ever had was called Flintstone, so carried on the theme.
ShyBoy - Named him after watching a Monty Roberts demo
Chaos - He lives and breathes Chaos, Captain Chaos
Roxy - OH named her after Roxy Mitchell!! :oops:
Summer - Came from a rescue without a name in the Summer!

George - I just knew. I looked at him and thought "George."

Fifi - While I was at uni, some friends irresponsibly took on a gorgeous rabbit who they named Ophelia Faye. I was furious. They couldn't afford to feed or house her properly, and she spent a good year in a small cage with 2 guineas.

I didn't know anything about rabbits or guineas then, but I knew what they were doing was wrong. They knew nobody could take her home at the end of the year. I tried to tell them they should have thought of that before buying her and the guineas.

I begged my parents to let me take her, but I couldn't convince them. I asked around other friends, but nobody could take her. Inevitably, when uni was over, the poor thing was dumped outside a local rescue (dumped rather than handed over because the rescue was full). I have never spoken to them again.

We named Fifi after Ophelia Faye. I don't think I'll ever forget that little bun :(

Jasmine - I think Aladdin had just come out.
Schumi - Michael Schumacher as he was driving for Ferrari at the time and we are big Grandprix fans in our house
Eddie - after Eddie Irvine for the reason above!!

:wave:

Jasmine - I think Aladdin had just come out.
Schumi - Michael Schumacher as he was driving for Ferrari at the time and we are big Grandprix fans in our house
Eddie - after Eddie Irvine for the reason above!!

:wave:

See I'm not the only crazy one :love: ;)

I'm very disappointed at the number of Ferrari fans :lol:

But I need an F1 bunny now!!!

Nigel Bunsell?

Lewis Bunilton?

Jenson Bunton?

I did actually go through a large list of F1 drivers girlfriend names when trying to think of a name for Thumper...but we just left it in the end :D

Next bunny will be F1 related!!! WE WILL MEET SOON VITALY BUNNY!!!

(I do actually know someone who named their bunny Kobayashi... 0_O)

bella.....Tweenies :oops: yes my son watched it all the time so it was grounded in my head!
Oscar ..........was his original name when he went into rescue
Dolly..........because of her eyeliner, like she's off for a night on the town all 'dolled' up!

Back