• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How did your rabbit get it's name???

lola just looks and acts like a lola
Rambo isn't actually rambos name, it's something that could be quite offensive so Rambo is her name for vets, forums, public, etc. :oops:
Eli - I had a short list of names, not including Eli. Then when I booked his appointment at the vet and the receptionist asked me the rabbits name "Eli" just popped out, and it stuck.

Hmmm! Thats a hard one to figure out :lol: :lol: :lol:

Leo- I had a book that I used to love called Leo the Lop. He was a lop and i was 3...
Lisa- Kinda went with Leo
Thumper (their son)- Bambi :)
Smudge- Butterfly markings and somewhat smudgey
Poppet- Formerly known as Max (Maximus Bunnyness) but discovered she was a girly, and it was my grandad's nickname for me
Barney- Too boyish to be called Alfie :D
Jazmine- No idea.

Last edited:
Mine were Poppy and Pippa when I adopted them, but I wanted their names to have some meaning to me!

I like Scottish names, and wanted two names that would go together. Islay and Jura are islands right beside each other :) Plus, in an odd way, if you were to turn Islay upside down, it *almost* looks like a rabbit if you squint :lol:

Mine were Poppy and Pippa when I adopted them, but I wanted their names to have some meaning to me!

I like Scottish names, and wanted two names that would go together. Islay and Jura are islands right beside each other :) Plus, in an odd way, if you were to turn Islay upside down, it *almost* looks like a rabbit if you squint :lol:

I like that idea xxx

Beau was originally Miss Sophia Jingles, named by my friend who had him first. OH commented that if 'she' got a girlfriend, we could call him Mr Beau Jangles, after one of his favourite 'Robbie Williams' songs (I know I know, shocking cover version!)...then when 'she' went in for her spay, we discovered, 'she' was a he, and the solution was obvious! :D

I bought Homer from a local farm :oops: and when I got him text my hubby "Homer is home" and it stuck.

Katy is from the RSPCA and was originally called Carla, my hubby (Carl) didn't like a bunny having a similar name :lol: so we thought she looked like a cat but needed the y on the end so cat"y" became Katy.:D

Cassie was from a friends daughter. Her name was Daisy then. We called her Candy at first as we thought she was sweet as Candy but when I told them in work her name the guys started saying it sounded like a hookers name :shock::oops: So watching Supernatural that night I decided that Cassie was a nice name (after Castiel in Supernatural).

I have a bit of a world leader thing going on in my house.

My cats have been called Hitler (he had a moustache and was evil so suited the name) and his litter mate was then called Eva. Then I had Winston (as in Churchill) and Wilson (as in Harold).

So Neville went along with the theme!! (as in Chamberlain). We had a bit of a confusion at the beginning and the 1st Neville was actually a Margaret (as in thatcher) but my friend needed 2 girls and she had one of each all from the same litter so a quick swap later and it was back to Nev :)

S xx

Toffee - Because of his colouring... My mum named him :roll: :lol:
Daisy - Named at Starlight Rabbit Rescue
Fuzzy - Named Fuzzums at Starlight Rabbit Rescue.
George - He was born at a Local Pub, The George and the Dragon.

Binky Free

Harvey - My dad thought of the name after a film with a big white rabbit.

When we got our little guy he had one ear up and one ear had flopped already but he would run around on the bed charging from one end to the other and my OH said he looked just like Ferdinand the Bull from the old children's story so Ferdinand he became and now is just Ferdie. What's funny is both me and the OH totally remember the story but noone we talk to knows the book so everyone just thinks we picked some random guy's name for our bun..... :?

I have a long list of names I like and I just choose from the list, a name that suits the rabbit. That's how they're all named, except Baby, we weren't meant to keep her so just used 'Baby' as her nickname and it stuck :lol:

Pickle: since she's a little feisty nethie I thought this conveyed her cute cheekiness.

Amber: This was one of my 'baby names' for a girl, but I've definitely decided I won't be having children and it's such a stunning name. My little Amber is also slighty amber-coloured so it was appropriate.

Freya: This was the name of the lady at the store when I purchased this little girl. I thought it was a stunningly pretty name, appropriate for a stunning little bunny baby!

Bramble: Originally called Pusha, I agonised over whether to rename her or not. I decide to change it as she didn't recognise her name. I chose Bramble as she looks like a beautiful little woodland creature.

Betty: This little bun is a puff of dove grey fur and mane. I thought she looked very glam so gave her a fifties pin up name!

Last edited:
When we went to see Indy he was having a good explore and investigating everything so he was named after Indiana Jones :lol:

Pie got called sweetie pie.... and cutie pie.... and will become a rabbit pie if she tests her teeth on me again :lol:

i chose bisc's name from a paint colour chart booklet... i was trying to explain the colour of him to my mum and found it and it was called biscuit, so called him that.. although we have always called him bisc.

we couldn't think of a name for matt for ages, but when we got him he was all filthy from rolling in mud and poop and i said to my mum his fur was all matted... so she said call him matt. :) one of his nicknames is little matted bunny. :love:

pepsi was already named when we got him, as was smudge, so we didn't change them.
barney's real name was barnabus but i just named him that as it suited him:) bertie was a little jet black bunny so his full name was bertie bassett's liqourice allsort:oops:
benji is named after benjamin bunny, nala is named after the lion in lion king... (she's a lionhead you see:p)
fidget was named as such because he never sat still and opal was given that name because of her silvery colouring. although her full name was opal fruit, haha.

Back