• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How did you name your bun(s)?

i wanted an alcoholic name for Alvin to match the names of the chipmunks... but i decided Alvin and the chipmunks was better.....lol

shame stella is a gal i could have done it properly ;)

MacGyver got his name after the first couple days and several enclosures later, there was nothing we could do to contain him- he was an escape artist and Houdini didn't seem to fit him well.

Wendy-Sue & Ethel are the names of my "Wing sisters" from Flight attendant training. My buns reminded me of them, shy at first- then off the wall.

My Bridge Buns:
"Peter"- typical first bunny name, he was a little brown neth. dwarf.

Then we had "TV" he was a black/white dutch- get it "Black & White TV" :lol:

"Thumper"- rescued from the neighbors who abused her. She was so sweet- how cruel of them! She was big & white, with red eyes.

"Charlie" He was brown and the little boy next door named him- Charlie Brown!

"Grace" She was meant to be snake food, but I saved her when she was just a tiny little thing. Beautiful jet black. When she would try to stand up on her hind legs she would fall over because she didn't have the balance yet. She was so UNgracefull.

my housemates child is called daisy and i wanted all of our little'uns to be named after flowers, hence poppy and sorrel.:D not sure what ill do when i get them gentleman friends though!

Henry's name we kept from when we got him. It was only when i registered him at the vets that i realises he was 'Henry Ford' :lol: My bunny designed cars.

Emily was smokey because of her markings, but as she is a true 'lady' it had to be Emily (little britain)

I did toy with the idea of changing henry to howard, then i would have ' Emily Howard'

Linus was named after my favourite snoopy character (the one that always goes round with a comfort blanket)
Selma was named after one of Marge's sisters in the Simpsons!

I wanted to call Biscuit Charlotte, but Mum & Martyn said no, but she was booked into the vets for her Myxi jab the day after we got her, n in the car Mum started reeling off names for her, and Biscuit really suited her. Mainly 'coz when we got her, she didn't have all the markings she has now and was mainly a light brown colour - much like a biscuit.

Nibbles used to be called Elvis when we thought she was a boy. Naturally, you name a male Lionhead Elvis. When we were told she was a girl, I wanted to name her Priscilla, which would've suited her so much. but Mum said it was a silly name and wanted to call her Elvistina. Naturally I said no to that. I wanted to call her Nibbler after the creature from Futurama that eats everything, but it wasn't cute and rabbity enough, so she was Nibbles, after the little mouse from Tom & Jerry :)

Bobby was already named when we got him from the rescue. It's a sweet name for a sweet bunny

Well i first had Dylan and Dandy (Dandelion) I decided i always wanted a rabbit called dandelion so i had to think of a name with the same letter. I chose Dylan because he looked dozy like Dylan in the magic roundabout.

~~~~~R.I.P Dylan~~~~~~~

I got Clover and i named her that because it really suited her and Garnet because she isnt a very girly rabbit but she was born in january and thts the birth stone.

I named Henry because he had a white outline around him (hes a chocolate silver fox) and it looked like he had a big beard like Henry the 8th

Jasmine was originally Jasper when i adopted her but as she answered to jasper, i had to find the closest thing possible.

Oscar came from my :censored: neighbour who locked him in his hutch all day, fed him once every 3 weeks and left him with no bed/water or food. After everything he went through i decided he needed an Oscar for putting up with it. And i rescued her kitten before she moved as well. She left it for 2 weeks by itself at only 12 weeks old

I named them Milly and Molly because my mum wanted to call one of the buns Milly and I wanted a name that would sound similar or rhyme with it, so chose Molly for the others. I have always thought Molly would be Molly, cos of her coat. Don't know why. And Milly has makings on her back that look like MII, which is a bit like MIL, which is a bit creepy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I took the easy route out and didn't name one!!!!

Well, sorta. I was going for smudge or something like that, but no one else liked that name for some reason (my family... grrrr) so we just call her "little bunny" :lol:

My other nethie is called Dustbunny... he's gray lol.

We have Rubens after the ex Ferrari - now Honda F1 driver Rubens Barrichello, i thought about Michael (after Michael Schumacher) but i thought my bun deserved a funky name and Schumacher was too long. He completely looks like a Rubens now and i couldn't see him being named anything else!

Probably worth pointing out that Rubens is a girlie but when we bought her we were told she was a boy, it was only when we took him to be deplummed we found out she was a girl hence the boys name.

And Dilbert was named after the cartoon character for no other reason other than i thought it was a funky name for a rabbit! We also went through Fernando, Valentino, Rick, Francis, Rossi to name but a few!

When we found Buttons he we called him Buttercup because we where told he was a girl till we took hi to the vets who confermed he was a boy and we thought it was abit to femine so we called him Buttons instead:lol:

Amber already ad her name from the breeder so we kept it and we couldn't think of anything for the other 3 so we just went with the fist ones to pop in our head, the girls being Poppy and Cleo. Caspre was harder to think of my brother suggested his name as he was so friendly, so Casper the friendly rabbit he was named:lol:

Charlie is named after Charlie Brown by my friend John, cos he decided Charlie was a naughty charlie-boy.

Fern - well cos she was agouti and vaguely looked like a wild bunny I wanted her to have a 'nature' type name, I went through lots of herbs and plants, and chose Fern.

Lavender - she was called Lavender when we met her at the rescue centre, but to us she is actually called Pea, cos the day she arrived home Steve said she was 'his little Pea' and it stuck. So she's either Lavender, LavPea or Pea.

I always take days to decide on any pets names!

I got fiver as i felt sorry for her in a petshop. She was being sold as a "deal" as bunny and hutch (only 3feet by one foot) for £50. the man in the petstore told me that i was getting a bargain as the hutch was worth £45, and i was getting the "netherland dwarf" (haha yeah right) for a fiver. Love watership down like im sure most of you do and as he also told me that fiver was a boy thats how she got her name. ps the hutch was binned, fiver was bonded with mose and they now live in a wendy house with run attached ;) Mose was already named by the rescue i got him from. Buddy is so named because he is so friendly and mallow is because being a rex her white fur is so soft and reminded me of a marshmallow! :)

Last edited:
Back