• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how chatty is your vet?

im often tempted to ask for the one bloke, just cus i have hormones.. i always bottle it tho :lol::lol::lol:

i think he may be one of the dog ones so hopefully in feb when its ralphs booster ill get to perv while pretending to listen to what hes saying :oops::oops:

:lol::lol: I can just vision it, as soon as you get in the room together, he slowly turns around "so... how are Alvin and Pear...AAAAHhhh!!" *whoom* (you fling yourself onto him) :love: :love: :love: :love::angel:

:lol::lol: I can just vision it, as soon as you get in the room together, he slowly turns around "so... how are Alvin and Pear...AAAAHhhh!!" *whoom* (you fling yourself onto him) :love: :love: :love: :love::angel:

yeah i left ste in the car in that dream :lol::lol::lol:

My vet isn't chatty at all :( I'd love one who was, but all the others are in the middle of town and it's a bit of a nightmare to find a space and walk them there, especially when they're restless. Another vet at my vets (who seems to be a doggie vet) is really nice and chatty - spoke to her once, would really like her to be my vet instead :lol:

Has anyone asked to have a different vet in the same practice? e.g. like you'd ask for another hairdresser? x

I refused a vet point blank in the suregery as she came out and offered to takew some of my vets clients as my vet was running late and she shouted Karen my fosterer out who happened to have one of my rabbits that she adopted and I went over and said 'No it is one of my rabbits and only Caroline see's mine' you have to do it as i saw her once and she passed a stupid comment on how wierd it was that a dutch rabbit's markings were perfect and I had took this rabbit for a check up for head tilt and she said it had gone back straight when it hadn't:shock:. So i think my refusal was derinately worth while

I refused a vet point blank in the suregery as she came out and offered to takew some of my vets clients as my vet was running late

I always dread that happening to me, it would be so embaressing to refuse to see the locum in public....or even worse the head vet!

two of the vets i've seen in my practice where really chatty and stroked my buns but there was an older vet and he would barely touch them and didn't handle ted very well, ted was a bit disgusted and even put herself back into the carrier lol :lol:

Most of my vets are chatty but if we have my favorite vet we can chat for 10-15mins! I'm usually the kast appointment cause it's easier for me so can sometimes chat for longer :lol: I will also ask which vet is on duty as there is one vet i hate, can not stand him and all the receptionists know it so tell me if he's working!

mine arent v. chatty. very business-like. well 2 out of 3 were on my visits. the 1st 1 sian did gump's neutering and she noticed his eye and saidd that it was her that had stitched that so we were chatting a bit about him. then the 2nd one with gump's gut stasis was concentrating on gumps which i was glad of and he was also the 1 that had to put my mum n dads dog to sleep while they were on hols (v. long and awful story) he remembered me and asked how they were and thanks for the card i gave him. but apart from that he wasnt very chatty then when i went to pick him up he seemed a bit stern with me :oops: like it was my fault gumps was there and he said he could have almost died i was like helllooooo? i know that why do u think i blubbed like a baby, phoned everyday and came to see him and called u out late at night even tho ur wife laughed when i said it was a rabbit that needed an emergency vet???? then the third 1 was kind (i was in school with his son) and had a little chat but diodnt seem interested but didnt charge me :D but i only wanted to sex smudgey properly and check out that it was her scent glands and nothing else.

My buns' vet is chattier than my dog's as I go to different practices.

The bunnies' vet really loves the buns and when Freddie went in for his op, the nurse I spoke to one the phone sounded like she'd been playing with him half the day, she'd picked up on his character (and he's a rex so he has bags of personality!) and then the nurse there when OH went to pick Freddie up was also really affectionate about him. They were in awe of the eating machine that is Freddie - straight round from his op and back to stuffing his face!:D

Back