• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: Houdini- in need of an experienced home- Manchester

jordanrose

Warren Scout
Houdini is an adult male rabbit- around 4 years old- and is in good health. He was found as a stray, so struggles to keep his guard down.

Physical Description

Houdini has been in rescue for almost 2 years now!! He is quite a big boy, lovely dark Harlequin colour with helicopter ears for that extra character boost!

Here's the handsome one himself, posing beautifully:
DSCN2528_zps6a60df68.jpg

Temperament

Houdini is a character! He's very active, and is always saying hello at the door of his pen. He is being overlooked as he has some behavioural issues- he boxes, and also can lunge and occasionally bite. However, this is a front, and is his way of showing fear. Once he has gained your trust and has a nice big setup to expel his energy, I have no doubt he'll calm down and be a good companion. He would make for great entertainment I can assure you! Here's some proof of his character-

On the go!
DSCN2521_zps16d2f04e.jpg

Plotting something....
DSCN2523_zpsb8e7042f.jpg

Cheeeeeese!!
DSCN2529_zpsebb2fc1a.jpg

Type of home wanted

Given his behavioural issues, we would love for Houdini to go to an experienced owner- someone who will be patient with him and not expect too much too soon.

He really is lovely underneath his front- it's taken a few months but he is now happy for me to sit with him, as he's got to know me.

Neuter Status and Vaccination Status: Neutered and fully vaccinated.

The Peggy Henderson Animal Sanctuary
Mosley Acre Farm,
Barfoot Bridge,
Stretford,
Manchester
M32 9UP
(Just off Dane Road, Sale)

Also contact: office@saarescue.co.uk or telephone: 0161 973 5318

Last edited:
oh I'm so sad hes still in rescue! I applied for him last year when I was looking for another bunny for my Mollie as she was exactly the same!!!

Hope he finds someone soon, his issues sound just like my Mollie and hers have all but disappeared...the only boxing she does now is to knock the cabbage leaves out of my hands if I'm too slow handing them over! ;) No real training, just patience and time got her to where she is now!

oh I'm so sad hes still in rescue! I applied for him last year when I was looking for another bunny for my Mollie as she was exactly the same!!!

Hope he finds someone soon, his issues sound just like my Mollie and hers have all but disappeared...the only boxing she does now is to knock the cabbage leaves out of my hands if I'm too slow handing them over! ;) No real training, just patience and time got her to where she is now!

Applied for him? did they not rehome because of distance?

Oh really? You must have been too far, were you? We can only rehome within an hour's drive, unfortunately, due to homechecking limitations.

Houdini has also been tried with other bunnies and was very aggressive towards them, so we feel he'd probably be better as a singleton.

Like I say, he's a lovely boy. Just has trust issues, that's all :( He would love a home to call his own!

Oh really? You must have been too far, were you? We can only rehome within an hour's drive, unfortunately, due to homechecking limitations.

Houdini has also been tried with other bunnies and was very aggressive towards them, so we feel he'd probably be better as a singleton.

Like I say, he's a lovely boy. Just has trust issues, that's all :( He would love a home to call his own!

The 1 hours distance is often extended for special rabbits like these. please consult with Rachel on this.

The 1 hours distance is often extended for special rabbits like these. please consult with Rachel on this.

Sorry I've only just got back to this! Yes it was the distance as I'm in Wakefield. Such a shame for the poor little guy to still be waiting.

I ended up adopting another rabbit locally and they detest each other so I have to have them living separately...if they'd have bonded I would have considered taking Houdini on as a single boy and sharing the space as I am now between the two sets...but rotating between 3 single rabbits wouldnt be fair :( Much love to the gorgeous Houdini and hope he finds someplace to call his own...

Back