• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hot sheds beware

We were up at 5am to open our sheds up, even with mesh windows they are reaching very high temperatures during the day.

Dan was out at 4am this morning in his boxers and t-shirt opening all our buns up :lol: I said it mustve been a right sight :roll ::lol: xXx

I too have been worried about the heat inside the shed.
Mine have an attached run, so can go out if too hot, but they like to sit under a patio chair by the catflap. The air flows through quite fiercely so I think they are cool enough.
Ernie flops out under the hutch inside too, so i think mine will be o.k.

You can get solar powered vents to put in the glass if the shed has not been modified to have mesh windows.

To be honest, i think its advisable to set alarm clocks and check weather forcasts. Quite a few times my bunnys have had to be let out at 6am because the shed is so hot, i intend on leaving the terrible 4 out till about 10ish tonight as its SO hot :(

Very Worried About Bunnies In The Heat

Right my bunnies have hutches in a large shed in the garden. It has a window and glass doors which can open really wide. But when i checked the tempeture it was nearly 30!!! so I have a huge floor standing fan in there and obviously the bunnies are in the run or the house during the day and get the run of the garden [not that they wanted to be out there much today] also being wetting there fur down with cold water. Really worried about them overheating as gizmo is a very long haired bunny not [looks alot like a dulux dog :lol: ] so need to know best ways to keep them both cool

My buns are in a shed with a mess door and the top opens-only 1 inch or soso that nothing can get in. It is warm in there and I worry but they seem quite happy:)

Our garage gets warm far too fast now :( luckily there moving in a month but for the time being they get let out at 6am when i get in from work. There hutch unused open hutch stays quite cool in the sun and is laid with viynl only so they seem to like lying on that lately. They also have a massive pub umbrella outside for them to chill out under, many plastic chairs which they love to lie under and a bazzillion plants/toys/tunnels and a few trees. Our lot can't go back inside the garage until its dark because of the heat but they do decide to hop in the house every now again coz its quite cool in here hehe :lol::lol:

Anyone else noticed the heat is slowing their buns down so means i get to cuddle them more!! :D:D:lol::lol::love::love: Oh, and nice cold veg is a winner :D

my 2 are freerange from 8 in the morning till 10pm at night, they go in and ot all day.
they also spend alot of timender the trampoline where ther is plenty of cool soil for them to lie on so they should be fine.

i have 3 bowls of water around the garden an 2 in the shed so plenty of water too

will think abot meshing the window too

Smokey is in a dog kennel/run,it only gets sun in the morning but gets quite warm.OH made an inner door so i can have a door open and he has a large granite tile to lay on.
Angel and Levi are in a shed with an attached run,the shed is in the shade with the window taken out and they also have granite tiles.

Love this thread! My shed is in shade for the vast majority of the day, got trees at the back and side that protects it from direct sun.

I am leaving the windows open tonight, and I guess if need be, I can leave the door open all night cuz I have a mesh frame stopping them from escaping. But I feel it still gets a little bit nippy in the night to leave the door open...I'm probably wrong...if they were in a hutch, it would be open all night!

I am gonna go put some bottles of water in the freezer so they will be ready for the morning.

Back