• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hormonal sisters...

TheTigerThief

Warren Scout
My girls have reached 4 months old and their hormones have clearly kicked in... Lately they've started to run around chasing and humping eachother. I know rabbit fights can get very nasty, but my girls never seem to fight for very long and still seem quite content to snuggle up to eachother afterwards. So, I was wondering if I should separate them now until they get spayed at 6 months, or to just leave them be for now? Any advice is appreciated.

Are they actually fighting or just chasing and humping? If they are fighting you will need to separate them. I would take them to the vets asap and get the vet to have a look at them, sometimes a rabbit savvy vet will spay earlier than 6 months depending on their weight, my girls were spayed at 5 months and I managed to keep them together.

Are they actually fighting or just chasing and humping? If they are fighting you will need to separate them. I would take them to the vets asap and get the vet to have a look at them, sometimes a rabbit savvy vet will spay earlier than 6 months depending on their weight, my girls were spayed at 5 months and I managed to keep them together.

I suppose just chasing and humping. I've been leaving them together and keeping an eye on them, they seem to have settled down a bit of the past couple of days. I will still contact my vet and ask him if he's willing to spay them younger. Thanks. :)

Back