• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HOPE....more worries....

From looking at the picture in your siggy Hope is probably a German Lop or possibly a French lop. My German Lop bucks get this in the corner of their eyes sometimes, its just because the head shape has been bred to be so broad it does funny things to their tearducts. It doesn't mean shes got an infection or anything - its kinda like when you wake up in the morning with sleep in your eyes, its just it hasn't dried out. I just wipe it out of their eyes and leave them to it. You can try reducing the protein in her diet, too much protein makes eyes weep but then her eyes aren't weeping. Its really nothing to worry about. :)

Hi Walnutearth! Just read your post with interest. (Sorry to hijack post!!:oops: ) Having problem with my Frenchie's watering eyes, read about your comment about high protein diet - do you know any more about this? I was trying to find out about the connection. Looks like my rabbit's tear duct is narrow at the top, which is contributing to the watery eyes - he's on antibiotics at the moment, but I've heard French Lops are suspectible to this due to their breeding. Can you give any more advice? Claire

Back