• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

home needed for bonded pair of lops update.

What are they like? If they are very nervous rabbits that are warry of new situations then it might be better for them to have a home to settle into long term. If they are quite out going and not easily stressed then a foster home may not bother them at all.

I think spending 6 months somewhere is no more stressful than sending buns off for a two week holiday at a boarder.

You'd need to find a very good foster though as unlike shorter term holidays they would need the amount of space and attention they would get in a ormal home situation. You'd also need to have a written agreement on vet care and what should happen if they were ill or in the worst case needing putting to sleep. Especially as (persumably) it would be difficult to get intouch with you?

I know Adele does quite a bit of long term fostering for various people that are away for long periods so perhaps she can shed abit of light on how the bunnies feel about it.

Tam

Hiya, I would be happy to foster the bunnies for six months if you need me :wink:
I offer short term boarding but prefer the longer term boarding as I can really get to know and spend lots of time with the bunnies.
I set the bunnies up here as they are housed at home, this is the key to bunnies settling in well and not being upset with a move.
It is not the length of boarding duration that unsettles a bunny, but how they are transported, settled in here, and the ongoing care they receive.
To tell you the truth, I think the rabbits actually enjoy a change of home and scene for a while, but they remember their owners when they return, and slip easily back into their routine at home.
I have several rabbits boarding here for 9 months plus whilst their owners are abroad, and another for 6 months. It is great as they become part of our family for this time, and then come back to their proper Bunny Mummy later on. :)
If I can help at all, please do not hesitate to PM me,
Best wishes
Adele

hi denny, they have an indoor cage but they just use it as a litter tray, they dont spend any time in it other than to go to the loo. i have a large dog pen/cage that i have filled with cushions and news paper for them to destroy,play or go burrowing in, they do spend quite a bit of time in there, but theyv never been locked in it. they sulk when ive tried to in the past, in fact millie actually turns his nose up at me and stamps his feet. (typical male :lol: )

baza said:
in fact millie actually turns his nose up at me and stamps his feet. (typical male :lol: )

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: mischieveous and stroppy :lol: :lol: I like it :lol: 8) :D dont they just have lovely little personalities :D :D

Hi Baza

Have you had any luck yet or are you split between fostering them out for 6 months or finding a new home :?:

just thought I would bump this up abit too :wink:

Is anybody able to give these lovely little bunnies a loving foster home or forever home where they get lots of love and attention?? I wish I could as they look so lovely xxxxxxxxxxx :wink: :D

hi guys, yes im gonna give it another week to find a forever home, getting quite desperate now as time is running out. have had an offer from someone local, but its by someone thats never had house bunnys and they live in a 'showroom type' house, and they are terribly proud of the garden, its got lots of lovely coloured flowers in, that i just know my two would have a feast on given half the chance :oops:
I have a feeling they would get sick of millie and bonnie in quite a short space of time, so i dont think this particular forever home is an option.
SO IF THERE IS ANYONE OUT THERE THAT WANTS TO ADOPT TWO ABSOLUTELY SMASHING, CUDDELY, CUTE,NOSEY,CHEEKY LITTLE CHAPPIES, THEN PLEASE GET IN TOUCH!!!! :lol:

Picture001.jpg

aaaaaaagggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh cumon, you know you wonna!!!!

i think thats what i will end up doing, im just feeling like im not giving them the best life cos when i get back from iraq in novemeber, im home for christmas then have to go away again for 3 months, theres a good chance my hubby will be around to look after them for that 3 months, but its not 100%. which would mean them getting fostered again. but if its the only option then so be it :( .......... poor bunnys, i feel such a bad mummy. They love human company.........bless em :)

We are flexible here, we can keep the bunnies here for as long as you need us to help.
They will be kept as house rabbits and can run around indoors, no problem, we do not keep bunnies hutched up, dont worry.
:wink: :) I am here all day, so they will get lots of attention and snuggles :)

hi there baza may have some good news for you MARK from the forum is interested in your buns but had trouble pming you, so i have pmed you instead,

give them a shout!!!

goodluck

eve x

yes mark and shell are going to give millie and bonnie a forever home, im taking them over there on the 2nd april, have spoken to mark.............. wow.............hes so nice,i started bawling my eyes out and he was so sweet. i might go round there in a bunny suit and see if they will give me a foreverhome :D

gosh its going to be hard, a lot of tears are going to be shed between now and then :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

awwwww Jo, glad your bunnies have foundtheir forever home and dont forget you are still a member on here and can catch up with them when ever you get chance :wink: I am sure Shell and Mark will be posting loads of piccy especially for you :wink: :D

We will be posting loads of pics :D :D :D (I will probably get told off my Adele for posting too many :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We are going to make a photo album of their adventures and send it out to you (Jo) so that you can always keep up with what they get up to.
You are always welcome to come and see them whenever you are home.

I am soooooooo excited, I'm not going to get any sleep tonight. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Back