• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Holidays?

Noone to look after bunny when we go camping

Help

We have a giant lop called bob and love him dearly, me and my partner are due to go camping in wales 1st week of aug and there is noone to look after him.

All my friends have their own pets and responsibilitys, my mum has 3 terrier dogs that think of critters as dinner (although bob is probaly same size) but wouldnt want to risk it, there is noone that can stay at the house, Having worked a summer in a boarding kennels thats not an option.

The only thing i can think to do is take him with us?!?! we have a large tent and he has his crate but would he be ok in the crate in the tent when were off hiking snowdonia!

any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Help

We have a giant lop called bob and love him dearly, me and my partner are due to go camping in wales 1st week of aug and there is noone to look after him.

All my friends have their own pets and responsibilitys, my mum has 3 terrier dogs that think of critters as dinner (although bob is probaly same size) but wouldnt want to risk it, there is noone that can stay at the house, Having worked a summer in a boarding kennels thats not an option.

The only thing i can think to do is take him with us?!?! we have a large tent and he has his crate but would he be ok in the crate in the tent when were off hiking snowdonia!

I don't think taking a rabbit camping is a great idea, tents get to real extremes of temperatures which isn't good for rabbits. Especially if he is used to being inside?
Have you got someone that could just check in a few times a day? Or you could pay a pet sitter?

My hubby looks after mine as he won't get on a plane so I usually go with a friend or my sister if he didn't take of them I wouldn't go on holiday :love:

Help

Not a good idea at all I'm afraid- tents can get boiling hot in the day and freezing at night. Also the smell of a rabbit might cause a passing dog or fox to rip into the tent and even if he was inside a crate that could frighten him to death.

The best option would be to find somewhere that boards rabbits or a petsitter. You could ask your vets whether they know of anyone locally or start a new thread on here asking whether anyone boards in your area xx

I usually use Holiday Hutches boarding in Barnsely but this year we are leaving them a home and a neighbour is coming to feed them. I thought long and hard about it and although Lynn is amazing with them at boarding and they get lots of care Snowdrop always stops eating while she is there because of the stress of moving and it can take a month to get her health back. She never goes into stasis at home and so we think it's kinder t let her stay in her own home.

Back