• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Holiday housing for rabbits - what do you do?

Springfield24

Alpha Buck
Hi
to save money this year my partner and I were going to have an English holiday where we just had lots of outings. I'm very lucky in that my parents have given us some money to go on holiday with so we can go after all...

Last year I only had one rabbit and one dog. The dog went to my parents where it had grown up with me so was fine. The rabbit went to my partners parents and lived in his cage with some play time on an evening - not ideal but for just a week it was fine.

Sadly my dog has passed since then and I took on another rabbit. So the option of staying in their cage wouldn't be viable given its small size.

At present they're house rabbits who live in a large run (can't dismantle it) and free range with supervision when we're in from work.

I'm a little bit ocd about my rabbits care that it has to be just right and I'm reluctant to take them to any boarding because 1) most seem to be outdoor housing 2) I don't want them to be 'just another customers pet' (I know I'm probably wrong)

I really really don't want to pay somebody to visit the house and look after them because I don't want strangers in my home and they wouldn't have enough time out.

I have asked my brother and my friend if they'd be willing to house sit (the vets is literally in my street too) but I'm worried if they say no that I'm out of options, unless I ask my neighbours but then again they won't have enough play time. ..

argh I'm in a right pickle especially as I was more than happy to have an English holiday but my parents are adamant I use the money for a traditional holiday (which I'm happy about but do I just go for a short break instead? !)

Sorry for such a long message and whinging!

Might be helpful to add I'm from County Durham

Any help or suggestions appreciated x

I know you said you're reluctant to board them, but seriously I would consider Tuckerbunnies. We have the same issue with house rabbits but honestly their indoor boarding is amazing. Here is their site - have a look at the photos: http://www.findpetboarding.com/smallpetboarding/profile/5253

I think anyone who goes there will tell you they grow very attached to their boarding bunnies - they definitely wouldn't be 'just another customer'. We've been going to them for over 4 years now and they really are amazing and not far from you.

Go on holiday somewhere down the A1!

Ha! Good advice :thumb: think we're sticking to British holiday and using some of the money for a short London trip with theatre visit. At least that way it's only two days and relatives can take turns to pop in :) Thanks though!

Hi
to save money this year my partner and I were going to have an English holiday where we just had lots of outings. I'm very lucky in that my parents have given us some money to go on holiday with so we can go after all...

Last year I only had one rabbit and one dog. The dog went to my parents where it had grown up with me so was fine. The rabbit went to my partners parents and lived in his cage with some play time on an evening - not ideal but for just a week it was fine.

Sadly my dog has passed since then and I took on another rabbit. So the option of staying in their cage wouldn't be viable given its small size.

At present they're house rabbits who live in a large run (can't dismantle it) and free range with supervision when we're in from work.

I'm a little bit ocd about my rabbits care that it has to be just right and I'm reluctant to take them to any boarding because 1) most seem to be outdoor housing 2) I don't want them to be 'just another customers pet' (I know I'm probably wrong)

I really really don't want to pay somebody to visit the house and look after them because I don't want strangers in my home and they wouldn't have enough time out.

I have asked my brother and my friend if they'd be willing to house sit (the vets is literally in my street too) but I'm worried if they say no that I'm out of options, unless I ask my neighbours but then again they won't have enough play time. ..

argh I'm in a right pickle especially as I was more than happy to have an English holiday but my parents are adamant I use the money for a traditional holiday (which I'm happy about but do I just go for a short break instead? !)

Sorry for such a long message and whinging!

Might be helpful to add I'm from County Durham

Any help or suggestions appreciated x

This is the first year we have had to book our bunnies into boarding as we are all going away as a big family. Normally they would be left with my parents.

So they are going to Tuckerbunnies Bunny Boarding at Middleton Tyas, which is just of the A1 at Scotch Corner. Maysie is a member on here as Tuckerbunnies.

I went down to have a look around and meet Maysie and Mike a few weeks ago. They were the loveliest and most bunny mad people I have ever met and introduced me and my sister to all their bunnies. I was very nervous about the idea of boarding my bunnies but meeting them has put my mind at ease and I know that they will treat my bunnies like their own.

This is the first year we have had to book our bunnies into boarding as we are all going away as a big family. Normally they would be left with my parents.

So they are going to Tuckerbunnies Bunny Boarding at Middleton Tyas, which is just of the A1 at Scotch Corner. Maysie is a member on here as Tuckerbunnies.

I went down to have a look around and meet Maysie and Mike a few weeks ago. They were the loveliest and most bunny mad people I have ever met and introduced me and my sister to all their bunnies. I was very nervous about the idea of boarding my bunnies but meeting them has put my mind at ease and I know that they will treat my bunnies like their own.

What a lovely recommendation. They sound great.

I do boarding in Newcastle (Hopper Holidays) and have an admittedly outdoor aviary which I use for indoor buns in the summer when the weather is warm enough as its very sheltered. Bunnies that come here are definately not just another customers pet. I keep it very small and everybun is looked after with as much care and love as my own.

Rabbit Boarding

We do rabbit and small animal boarding and we are in North Nottinghamshire, just off the A1. We only use RSPCA size hutches, lots of room to hop about. CCTV security, fully insured, I have my animal first aid certificate too and we are here 24 hours a day. we take indoor and outdoor animals, and we have a room in our house adapted to boarding rabbits.

Back