• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Holiday advice?

I just rang the only local rabbit boarding place that is around for miles and miles (a few have shut down lately).

She used to be a rabbit farmer and owned over 200 - they were all for meat though and not pets. :cry::cry:

She therefore is very rabbit knowledgable and the rabbits do not need to be vaccinated as they wont come into contact with other rabbits or animals. :shock:

They get locked outside in the day and locked inside at night - she couldnt comment on size of accomodation but i could go and look.

They get fed rabbit royale (i wasnt even asked if this was ok for mine).

Oh dear! :shock:

My pet sitter offered to come and tend to mine twice a day for as long as i need her and wants to come and discuss our needs. We are to write everything down. It will cost £10 a day - she was very apologetic at the cost but explained it was mainly to cover fuel costs. She also offered to share the duty with any of my family members to try and keep costs down. She also wants a full list of emergency contact numbers.

What one do you guys think is the better option?? :shock:

£10 a day for a pet sitter sounds very reasonable!

She sounds very good, asking for info etc.

I think i would go for the sitter option, at least you know hey will deffo be checked and they will be in their own surroundings

£10 a day for a pet sitter sounds very reasonable!

She sounds very good, asking for info etc.

She's amazing and gave me tons of advice when i first got Lucky. She really loves animals too (except tortoises which scare her) :lol:

I think i would go for the sitter option, at least you know hey will deffo be checked and they will be in their own surroundings

That's what i thought.

My pair just aint loyal when it comes to their noms!! :lol:

if you have a ood friend that can have them its a better option thats what i do with the zoo that way the house is loked after too ;)
failing that you can either board them in a boarding facility or get pet sitter

I am def going to go with the pet sitter option. I feel more comfortable that it will be less stressful for them and that the sitter is the best option. They'll be checked at least twice a day and my mum, sister and mate have also offered to pop in too. I'm going to hate leaving them but i sooo know they'll be well cared for.

:)

Thanks.

I have really considered all options and i know it's best for them.

Hols are looking expensive nowadays - before we even leave! We've cut it down by 4 nights to save us but i wouldnt want to leave them that long anyway, i'd only worry!!

Last edited:
well, we have 8 house piggies , 2 house buns and 2 cats..not to mention fish.
we go away later this year and we have decided that its best for the piggies to go to good friends of ours that know EVERYTHING about piggies , so we know they will be very well looked after. and everyone else stays at home... my MIL will come and stay here so the rest of the babies will be well looked after:love:im sure she can cope with 2 littertrays and 2 mealtimes;)
she has looked after them loads of times before and we always leave a "vet fund" incase of emergencies:D

Personally I would go with the pet sitter option but then I have ten pets so boarding would cost a fortune

Back