• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hey :waves:

Triggler

New Kit
Hey im new

I just got my first rabbit at christmas. he is an angel. ATM He is frogged out under the table (although he is an outdoor rabbit he still gets inside :D)

Couple of things i wanted to know

Binky free? what does that mean

Also you know how you pedigree a dog? can you 'pedigree' a rabbit?

and

Is there like proper rabbit shows in aberdeen?

Hey im new

I just got my first rabbit at christmas. he is an angel. ATM He is frogged out under the table (although he is an outdoor rabbit he still gets inside :D)

Couple of things i wanted to know

Binky free? what does that mean

Also you know how you pedigree a dog? can you 'pedigree' a rabbit?

and

Is there like proper rabbit shows in aberdeen?

Hiya! :D

Welcome to RU :wave:

Binky Free is said when a rabbit passes away (to wish them happy binkies when going "over rainbow bridge")

Pedigree - can this be a term for purebred? You can get "purebred" breeds of rabbits (my Kiki is a pure mini lop) but certificates are very rare and only seem to be "authorised" by show officials I believe. (Just did some googling)

I've never been to rabbit shows myself, although I used to consider it, I wouldn't want to as I've learnt these are mainly for breeders to show off their "stock" and not really for me. You could check out the BRC (British Rabbit Council) website and look for events.

Thankies for quick response :D

Pedigree for dog is purebred with papers...

For rabbit shows do you know if they have to have papers...

Also do you know any pure bred Lionhead breeders in Aberdeen breeding for december-janruary?

Sorry for question.. i guess i didnt do as much research as i thought
:oops:

323753229a7987148644l.jpg

^^ My baby

Thankies for quick response :D

Pedigree for dog is purebred with papers...

For rabbit shows do you know if they have to have papers...

Also do you know any pure bred Lionhead breeders in Aberdeen breeding for december-janruary?

Sorry for question.. i guess i didnt do as much research as i thought
:oops:

323753229a7987148644l.jpg

^^ My baby

Well - I'm not sure about the BRC standards (I don't think many ppl on here do) it's mainly rabbit rescues etc on here and general bunny owners. I wouldn't just concentrate on breeders, if you find a rescue bun, many rescue centres will offer bonding sessions for your existing bun (believe it or not, rabbits can be VERY picky when another bun arrives).

There are loads and loads of rescue buns waiting for homes and another bun partner (some may be purebred breeds also) so I would have a good look around (e.g. Rabbit Rescue website and search for rescues in your area on google) and you may be surprised :)

BTW, what a cute bunster! :love:

Thankies :D i love him to pieces - i did have his sister too but they must have been inbred or something because as she got older it was becoming harder to even feed her!. so i gave her to a rabbit charrity and told then to make sure she went to an experinced rabbit home :D, she was black

Back