• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hey there

Char-x

Wise Old Thumper
Hey I'm Charly, 16 and live in Essex. I joined in hope that I would be able to trace a rabbit I had to give up to a rescue a few years ago. I will probably stick around on the forum anyway because I love all animals and I'm an animal rights activist so I'm all for rescues. I have made the mistake in the past with breeders and pity buys when I was younger (never from a petstore) but as I got older and learnt more I know they don't help anything. I paid for both my dogs when I was 13/14 so even though I'm 16 they do belong to me lol, and I pay for nearly everything to do with the Guinea Pigs including some vets bills because I think it's important to understand that pets cost ALOT and aren't cheap to care for.

I don't have any rabbits right now but I have 2 wonderfull dogs, a Jack Russell called Milo who has hypo-allergies and stomach ulcers so we have to watch out for anemia all the time.
MiloBabes.jpg

Also a Rottweiler X Alsation who had had her tail docked so wrong and too short and now has fear agression to traffic, children and other dogs. We think we have seen her bothers/sisters advertised for free around here but unfortunatly because of their breeds and the fact they are mainly all black if they end up in a rescue/shelter they are the least able to get adopted out. [ this was a pity buy].

ShadyBabes.jpg

I also have three amazing little Guinea Pigs.

Tallulah who I did get from a breeder "because there isn't any Guinea Pig rescues in Essex" (I later found out there was :censored:). Funnily enough she has genectic diabetes and has had some really bad health problems. Insulin failed to work on her - medical mystery, so we controll her health with diet now.

TallulahRosebabes.jpg

Gypsey who was a pity buy, as she was a lice infested runt who wouldnt have survived if left out in the outdoor hutch. Once treated and upped in weight she has been the healthiest of the lot and the cheekiest! She will never get big but shes healthy. The bottom of the pic one of the smaller pics shows how she likes to climb her cage furniture lol!

GypseyGoldBabes.jpg

Then Hoover who we adopted from some relatives who shamefully were neglecting him :(. They had him outside alone in a useless damp hutch, and when they remembered he was there he got some Tesco cancer-in-a-bag colourful mix and some stale bread. *sigh* He is six so too old to neuter and he can be overly dominant towards us so we havent got him a cage mate but he is right next to the girls and chats to them. ;)

HooverLuckyBabes.jpg

This is the cages I have built for them...they live in my bedroom.

Girls cages:
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc183/Charly1991/PIgs015.jpg

Hoovers cage:
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc183/Charly1991/PIgs011.jpg

See you all around the forum !

Hallo Hun :wave:

Your rottie x GSD looks like one of my doggies, we don't know exactly what she is, we were told collie x GSD, but she's too big to have collie in her, so i'm thinking rottie/GSD now lol. We got her from FreeCycle cuz she was left with a friend of the owner and they never wanted her back, so we took her in. Definately rescue there!

Back