• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hey :D

ExoGenoGod

New Kit
Hey their I'm new well I don't really own any rodent anymore for a depressing reason but decided to get a hamster anyway I'm planning on getting a hamster.like every pet I get it take me 4-5 month to finish and get every information even a year depending how much care they need so right now I'm just looking for information and planning on getting a hamster on December 10 if I manage to get everything done so yea hi :D

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Why the definite date for the hammy?

[I don't usually go in for inquisitions! I'm just curious about this :)]

welcome to the forum. Im curious too about how you picked that exact date to get your hamster. I think happybun means why specifically the 10th of that month instead of saying im getting him in december. sorry for being nosy lol.. it just got me intrigued

Welcome!
Do you know what breed of hamster you want?
Syrian, robrovoski, Chinese, Russian?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hello there. We have lots of hammy owners on here - I am not one. Oh and by the way, rabbits are Lagamorphs, not rodents! :thumb:

welcome to the forum. Im curious too about how you picked that exact date to get your hamster. I think happybun means why specifically the 10th of that month instead of saying im getting him in december. sorry for being nosy lol.. it just got me intrigued[/QUOTE I don't really know why but I don't know if I'm going to get him on December 10 I just wanna make sure I have time to do a lot of research

Welcome to RU! :wave:

Hamsters are excellent pets. I've had a few in my life. I bet you're excited! Kudos for doing research before getting your new pet.

I love the website called Hamster Hideout for all info on hammies. They even have a forum. Here is a link to some pages on hamster care:

http://www.hamsterhideout.com/allabthams.html

Welcome! I love hamsters, I've had many in the past (only 3 species so far - syrians, russians and winter white) and can't wait to have hamsters again probably this summer! They're great fun to keep and sweet little guys too :D I don't personally have a favorite species, I think they all have a lot to offer, although it does depend on what you're looking for at the moment.

Welcome! I love hamsters, I've had many in the past (only 3 species so far - syrians, russians and winter white) and can't wait to have hamsters again probably this summer! They're great fun to keep and sweet little guys too :D I don't personally have a favorite species, I think they all have a lot to offer, although it does depend on what you're looking for at the moment.

Yea your right about that I would like a relax and lazy hamster (don't know why) but I would love to have one that is active and run around a lot

Yea your right about that I would like a relax and lazy hamster (don't know why) but I would love to have one that is active and run around a lot

yeah i know what you mean about wanting to have it both ways - that's why i want both male and female fancy rats lol. i love how my female is playful and loves running around and exploring but i'd also like some lazy males that are content to just hang out with me sometimes.

Back