• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Herbie February 2010-February 14th 2014

Vanessa.B

Mama Doe
It only seems like yesterday that seven years Louise persuaded us to let her have rabbits. And so Herbie came into our lives at 10 weeks old with Barney. Louise picked him because he was so curious and friendly. We thought we had researched getting rabbits but a sharp learning curve later Herbie was separated from Barney who was bullying him. Herbie blossomed in his absence and a month later was bonded with Rosie and Hollie. He bonded with them very easily and was pleased to have two girls vying for his attention. As Rosie seemed to be left out at times we found a new partner for Rosie whilst Hollie remained with Herbie. I don't think Herbie was really bothered who he ended up with but Hollie worshipped him, always wanted to look after him and tried her best to groom him.

When they moved outside to the shed it took Herbie a while to work out the cat flap but he wasn't so daft as to not work out how to scramble out of his run when on the lawn. I shan't forget sitting at our dining table at tea time when Herbie appeared at the patio door having got out. He loved his time on the grass, binkying in pleasure. Most recently he enjoyed some free time in the garden, I shan't forget him scooting along with his fur streaming behind him. He had also got it down to a fine art escaping from his shed by shooting through the cat flap and then past me as I opened the shed door.

Herbie was the most cuddlesome of our bunnies although I wasn't allowed to stroke him whilst in his shed. He would push my hand away gently with his teeth. He loved to sunbathe and snooze in his shed window and was always very good about having his fur trimmed. I loved how he used to jump on his front feet when he knew a treat was in the offing.

I don't know why Herbie left us, forgive me if it was my fault Herbie.

I hope you have found Noo at Rainbow Bridge and she is looking after you. Be happy, our fluffy wee man xxx

Last edited:
So very sorry Vanessa you have lost Herbie he was gorgeous and not unlike our Kenzo :(

Binky free all well again at the Bridge Herbie with Noo xxxxxx

Thinking of you Vanessa xxxxx

Back