• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Henry is spraying Emily!!!

twee

Young Bun
Henry & Emily have been together since Saturday. I noticed today that he runs upto her and sprays over her, then runs off. Is this normal or do i have a strange bun?

:lol: :lol: Poor Emily. It is normal behaviour - spraying is a way of marking territory and proclaiming what is his. Believe or not he does love her.:love: And he is on his honeymoon isn't he at the moment :lol: Neutering usually stops rabbits from spraying, but it does depend on how well the habit has become established. How long ago was he neutered ? It can take 2-3 months ( sometimes longer ) for hormone levels to subside completely and you will probably notice him spraying less as time goes on. In the meantime buy Emily a plastic mac:lol: :lol: - sorry, my sense of humour!
Taz

One of my buns (they were neutered at 4 months) tries to spray me when I am trying to get him in his hutch! He's two! So I've got no advice, sorry!

Back