• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!!

kels

New Kit
Hi everyone.

I've been a lurker on this site for a while now but since I need your help it's probably time to introduce myself :D I'm Kels and I'm a mother of 4 boys and bunny mum to 4 boys (Snowy, Rocky, Dusty & Cookie) and 2 girls (Jessica and Lady). I'm very new to rabbits but I'm learning fast and this discussion board has been a great source of help and advice. My question relates to mounting behaviour. My rabbits are all youngsters and are too young to be neutered so I have kept the females separate from the males. However, a couple of times I have noticed Lady mounting Jess. I know this is normal behaviour that is used to establish dominance but last night I noticed that not only was she climbing up on her back but she was also thrusting making it look very much like mating. Would this be normal behaviour?? They have both been to the vet for their mixi vaccinations and the vet confirmed that one of them is a girl BUT I don't think he checked the other and I forgot to prompt him because my two youngest sons were there and were wreaking havoc in the consulting room so I was quite flustered to say the least. I'm sure the vet just wanted us out of there as soon as possible :lol:

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Kels x x

Back