• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with my bunny bonding!

Carls305

New Kit
Hi,

I'm new to this forum :) I have a couple of queries about my bunnies. Our Netherland Dwarf cross has never been the loving type of rabbit and he always scrabbles when we pick him up and try and cuddle him. We've just got a new rabbit, a mini lop and she loves being picked up and stroked and I love having cuddles with her but I don't want my Nethie to feel left out but for example, this morning I got her out of her hutch and gave her a cuddle then put her in her run and then I got him out of his hutch and tried to give him a cuddle but he just scrabbled me so I put him on the floor and tried stroking him but he just kept running away. He has also been very skittish lately, is it because of the new rabbit? he likes to lick her and groom her and he used to try and mount her until I warned him off (He is neutered but she is a bit too small for him at the moment) but now he seems to growl at her a lot, does this mean he doesn't like her?

Any advice greatly received!

Carls

Back