• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with hutch ideas...pictures for space saving arrangments?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
I'm moving and the space on the courtyard isn't as big as what i have here. I'm going to be renting out stables shortly for my animals (within a month of moving), so this is just a temporary measure.

I've also been told i can use the horses land for grazing my bunnys, which is fine. However i want to keep my hutches at the property for now, so would appreciate any ideas for hutches that will go upwards or enclosures that go upwards.

I've got a shed for them that i've been given (stone built, which i will have to leave the door open to for ventilation- and get a mesh door),and space dotted about for hutches that go up but it's not ideal. It is just going to have to do for now until i can sort them stable arrangements out.

I'm going to be purchasing new hutches again- i have two groups of 3, a pair, and 6 solo buns. I'm thinking about whether i should try bonding some or changing the groups around and have a pair in each hutch, or have a larger group in the shed area.

I'm just trying to get the best space arrangment for the bunnys. I don't want them to suffer because of the move, even though it's just temporary. Also i'm 5ft4 so i don't want something unmanageable either.

If you have any pictures or ideas you could post- for space saving or solutions. I have 7 males and 7 females- but I can't bond some illness and some are already bonded.

The current setup is- They all see each other at the moment and this is how i prefer, i'm not sure that will be possible initially.

ama( very dominant) , lily(med dominant) and lucy(non dominant)- 3 girls together-( unneutered currently-) Some possible health signs showing- vet says okay- but can see weepy eyes.

Ava(non dominant), Rose(very dominant) and Athena (med dominant)-( all Just neutered)- living together.

Shadow(non dominant)/Stripe(non dominant)(Neutered- very placid couple) living together. - ( Possible pasturella infection, but i'm not sure about this.- Stripe is not really showing symptoms. Shadow is showing a runny eye but could be dental related)- I have had them out with ava, rose and athena and there appears to be no spread of infection. They do look bondable to ava, rose and athena.

Paws( Solo bun- likes to mark everything- med dominant) Ares ( Solo bun- very bondable-dominant but placid) Sunny (solo bun- quite sensitive, med dominant) All healthy

Patch(med dominant- will nip if scared-i.e to tell me off for giving meds), blaze (med dominant- food agression sometimes, but this has calmed down, he doesn't try to bite my hand off anymore, just dashes towards me to try scare me a little) Both poorly- so understandably abit more behaviorally unstable at present than the others, this should change as there health improves i hope, which i'm working on. So these guys being unneutered, can't be bonded- They would be best housed in a seperate block of hutches until i know for sure what the health problems are.

Adonia( Pasturella bun- unneutered)- needs to be housed totally seperately away from all buns. I think i may keep her as an indoor rabbit if i can, as she doesn't like the outdoors at all. She will tell me how she wants to be kept best. I don't have the option of taking all the buns inside as the landlord doesn't want a house full of bunnys.

Not sure what the best option is really- Any ideas would be appreciated.
Ambience xx

I've just built a run that is 9ft x 4.5ft with a hutch that is 6ft x 3ft and the hutch will sit on top of the run. It's for an awkward little space. I'm going to set it up next weekend so don't have any photos yet, but I think it makes a good use of the space.

Back