• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!! with Cotton Tail Rabbits!!!

Well if your domestic rabbit is caring for them I guess that would be okay... I once heard of a domestic rabbit rearing a hare, it was later relased back into the wild as I understand...
Hares and rabbits are much more different than the domestic rabbit VS cottontail I'd say, as the hare I read about was about newborn and put into a nest with 3 week old babies, and they were equally developed as hares are born fully furred, and walk soon after birht.

I wouldn't worry about this being an UK-based forum, I'm not even from an english-speaking country:D I'm from Norway... way up north from UK:D

Cool I like Norway!! We studied it in school recently but now were on summer break. Yeah their doing fine but some of the does kits aren't very fond of them so I fixed them a cage to their selfs and bring the doe out twice a day and let them nurse I switch does every feeding as two have kits their are now five wild kits as my mom caught my cat with one and put it in with them he is now on meds. called shriners to get over the wounds it nums and disenfects the cuts shriners are sold at feed supply stores

Back