• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help urgently needed u/d hospitalised - He's home

The veg is very high in sugar and cabbage, kake and broccoli are known to cause gas. I would cut it all out for a while and just feed hay and pellets and dried herbs.

Has he pooed yet?

Also I wouldn't give pineapple juice in this instance as it's more sugar so not good.

The veg is very high in sugar and cabbage, kake and broccoli are known to cause gas. I would cut it all out for a while and just feed hay and pellets and dried herbs.

Has he pooed yet?

Also I wouldn't give pineapple juice in this instance as it's more sugar so not good.

Nope no poops yet :cry:

Zantac is ranitidine, it does cause gut motility thus helping to move the gas through. If any of my buns are gassy, the first thing they will nibble on is hay or dried leaves such as brambles or plantain.

Zantac is ranitidine, it does cause gut motility thus helping to move the gas through. If any of my buns are gassy, the first thing they will nibble on is hay or dried leaves such as brambles or plantain.

Ahh okay, will go and put some hay under his nose...thank you.

Ranitidine does have prokinetic properties, it can increase the motility at the lower end of the GI tract.

How is he doing this morning ?

Got up in the night to check on Bramble and he wasn't doing any better. So made the decision to take him to the emergency vets at 2.30am. They kept him in and started to syringe feed him and give him pain relief. This morning they phoned to say they were keeping him in for the day. He still wasn't eating on his own, but he seemed a bit brighter. I have to ring again at 5pm.

:(

Got up in the night to check on Bramble and he wasn't doing any better. So made the decision to take him to the emergency vets at 2.30am. They kept him in and started to syringe feed him and give him pain relief. This morning they phoned to say they were keeping him in for the day. He still wasn't eating on his own, but he seemed a bit brighter. I have to ring again at 5pm.

:(

I really hope that he will feel better soon xx

Just been through this with Twinkle, sending you loads of luck. Twinkle had the 3 injections first time, then last week 3 injections and a drip, sedation and heat lamp and is now on daily metacam which Im dreading cutting down incase she does it again. Its taken from last Thurs to yesterday for her poos to be normal again, although she was weeing within hours of coming home last Thurs. She would only eat dandilions for a couple of days so I wet them before giving them to her to increase her fluids.

Ive just bought some infacol so Im prepared if it happens again cos it always happens when the vets shut or you have no cash. Ive cut back on veg/fruit and pellets and increased dandilions, grass etc, theyve always had unlimited hay. We thought her statis was caused by joint pain at first but now I do wonder if it was diet related as I changed their hay and they werent impressed.

Just been through this with Twinkle, sending you loads of luck. Twinkle had the 3 injections first time, then last week 3 injections and a drip, sedation and heat lamp and is now on daily metacam which Im dreading cutting down incase she does it again. Its taken from last Thurs to yesterday for her poos to be normal again, although she was weeing within hours of coming home last Thurs. She would only eat dandilions for a couple of days so I wet them before giving them to her to increase her fluids.

Ive just bought some infacol so Im prepared if it happens again cos it always happens when the vets shut or you have no cash. Ive cut back on veg/fruit and pellets and increased dandilions, grass etc, theyve always had unlimited hay. We thought her statis was caused by joint pain at first but now I do wonder if it was diet related as I changed their hay and they werent impressed.

He's home now, with Zantac and Emeprid to take.

This happened to Bramble once after eating a small amount of grass, but he seemed to get rid of the gas himself so didn't need to go to the vets.

The second time, which was last Monday it happened after he had eaten his veg and yesterday the same. I don't think I will be giving him any veg for the time being, which is such a shame as he loves it, but I daren't risk it. I will have him hay and pellets, and then maybe some dried herbs or dried dandelions. Just going to be extra careful.

Back