• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help, rabbits in vets getting neutured now...

was your outdoor bunnies?

so i think i may keep mine in for 2 nights to be on the safe side i dont want them to get use tot he heat thats all coz they soo use to be outside when it was -5 out.

yeah mine are outside bunnies and i have got to say they were better when i put them back out but they dont like it inside.....keep the heat on low tonight and tomorrow turn it off (if possible) and then if there eating drinking pooing and weeing they should be ok to go out on sunday. :)

you need to be careful when putting them back outside.
As it is still winter and very cold outside, and they are currently in a nice and warm house.

Could you keep the room they are in cool?
So they dont have so much of a shock going back out?

i could open the window but i dont know what fiance mam will say but ill try and keep the door closed so she wont know but if i put them out should i put loads of bedding out and when they start getting better should i put the out in garden to run and get use to the cold?

yeah mine are outside bunnies and i have got to say they were better when i put them back out but they dont like it inside.....keep the heat on low tonight and tomorrow turn it off (if possible) and then if there eating drinking pooing and weeing they should be ok to go out on sunday. :)

okay thanks im hopfuly put them back out sunday then ive open the window now so it still stay open untill sunday :D im off work anyway so i can make sure it stay cold lol

i could open the window but i dont know what fiance mam will say but ill try and keep the door closed so she wont know but if i put them out should i put loads of bedding out and when they start getting better should i put the out in garden to run and get use to the cold?

dont open the window tonight cause with the GA they cant maintain their body temp for 1st 24hrs but tommorow you could cool the room down a bit. :D

Yeah, plenty of bedding to snuggle into, if you feel they are feeling better and will be ok for a run around then you can let them out.
But i would wait the 24/48 hours so that they cant do any damage if they try to run and jump etc which could tear the stiching.

open the window in the morning, they will need some heat for tonight to get over their operation etc. :wave:

dont open the window tonight cause with the GA they cant maintain their body temp for 1st 24hrs but tommorow you could cool the room down a bit. :D

okay thanks ill close it now :D im glad i got you lot coz the vet didnt say much only give me a form on cat/dogs.

they also put gloves fulled with water under them should i take the out they gone cold? coz what if they move tonight and pop one they will be wet all night unless they came move.

okay thanks ill close it now :D im glad i got you lot coz the vet didnt say much only give me a form on cat/dogs.

they also put gloves fulled with water under them should i take the out they gone cold? coz what if they move tonight and pop one they will be wet all night unless they came move.

Yeah remove it if its gone cold, i would also be worried if they pop them and get all wet too.

okay thanks ill close it now :D im glad i got you lot coz the vet didnt say much only give me a form on cat/dog.

its ok... i was soo worried about mine and i am far from a rabbit expert but i know what your going though.. i was on here most of the evening asking the same questions.....the first night you put them out you'll be worried but the firstnight mine went out and it got down to -2. i was in and out all evening! they seemed fine and just glad to be back out!
just keep tempting them with greens and stuff and hopefully they'll be a bit more active tomorrow. :D

its ok... i was soo worried about mine and i am far from a rabbit expert but i know what your going though.. i was on here most of the evening asking the same questions.....the first night you put them out you'll be worried but the firstnight mine went out and it got down to -2. i was in and out all evening! they seemed fine and just glad to be back out!
just keep tempting them with greens and stuff and hopefully they'll be a bit more active tomorrow. :D

i will thanks :D its worrying lol thanks for the help if anyone got more info they can help me it would be great i also would like adive on bonding if anyone has exerince i know i got to wait for about 5weeks but it wouldnt hurt knowing now so i can prepare myself :D thankyou again.

i will thanks :D its worrying lol thanks for the help if anyone got more info they can help me it would be great i also would like adive on bonding if anyone has exerince i know i got to wait for about 5weeks but it wouldnt hurt knowing now so i can prepare myself :D thankyou again.

i can't help you on that one cause i daren't even try and bond mine! :lol: i am wimping out of trying to bond my 2 girls so i am gonna get 2 boys from a rescue and let the lady help me do it....shes very nice and said she'll help me! :D

i was going to keep mthe bays in for 2 days but this morning they was hopping eatting last night and they both wee'd and poo'd so i though ill sort they hutches out and popthem back out they still got they carryier cage sin the hutch with a towel over it so they can go inthere and no wind and they got a good cover over the hutch sooo later ill go back out and cheak on them but they seem fine, if they seem slow and down ill bring them back in but they seem happy i notice fugde had his head below i thin he was cleaning but when i picked him up i couldnt see what they done. but ill keep u up dated.

ahhh boys do seem to bounce back quicker... I feel like I have been holding my breath for the last 24 hours :shock::shock: Thankfully Bobby is getting a bit of her spark back now...

Good luck with your boys

i know i was like that all night checking i found sammy came around qiucker than fugde but fudge is bigger and he had a it more than sammy of the injections .

but once i seem fudge digging the floor this morning and samy hopping around they back to them selfs i cant wait for this all to happen coz i think they will be like little dogs around the house once i move. they lye down like dogs lol

Yeah, mine are like little dogs too. :)

I'm sure they'll be fine outside, you know them best and if they're used to being outside they'll probably be happier there. Just keep checking them like you are. :)

should i bring them back in tonight coz its gouing to be about 35mph winds around 9am 2morrow morning or should i leave them?

How are they this morning babe??? Bobby is happy flopping she has got so much better since the injection:love: eating loads too, poor girl:D Someone said she has a bikini wax:lol:

Have been thinkin a lot about your boys them and my Bobby got done at the same time:wave:

hey im glad ur bunny doing great :D

mine are fine sammy has changed alot and he hates the vets but he has calmed down already its a big inprovment he wil let me walk up to him and touch him and he dont care and picking him up isnt a problem i was expecting him to kick and all but he didnt :D but fugde is the same no change lol

but i dont knwo fi it will work with bonding i think sammy will do fine but fudge seems head storng and will be the boss and do wehat he wants.

Back