• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help Needed to get Debs2811 Bunnies from(Pyrford, Surrey to Nottingham) ASAP

Thanks - shall we say we will pick him up as well then?

Get all 3 here and hopefully disperse over the weekend?

Seem to recall Maldon is very southeast Essex?

Could someone meet at Haverhill or Great yeldham? (where I did the swapover with Tinsel last week:lol::lol:)

I have no idea where either of those are but could you come somewhere down the A14? I'm at Ipswich and we do two trips to Maldon every weekend so I can come up your way a bit and then take him down to Maldon as one of our trips.

Yep that would be fine, we live in Great Totham which is just outside Maldon but will come and meet you at Maldon - my Dad can only drive a few miles (waiting on knee surgery), you are more than welcome to come here if you want to though - but dont want to hold up your plans for the day or anything! thank you so much I cant wait to see his little face again :love:

I have no idea where either of those are but could you come somewhere down the A14? I'm at Ipswich and we do two trips to Maldon every weekend so I can come up your way a bit and then take him down to Maldon as one of our trips.

Haverhill and Gt Yeldham are both on the cross country route across from Cambridge heading towards Colchester or such.

But A14 fine - can split the difference.

I dont have contact details for Debs 2811 yet and need these before Steve (partner) leaves tomorrow (he will go to work in Worthing and stay in Lewes (Sussex) the night on Tues and Weds before working in Frimley Thurs and picking up from Woking that eve)

WHOA...............this all looks like everyone has sorted out whose doing what and when..............im totally confused looking at it as my geography is pretty **** lol,

My only concern are those people asking for petrol money...............i understand money is tight for everyone but we only have jobseekers allowance money coming in and it barely covers our living costs, one of the big reasons we need the bunny run is because we cant afford to tax and run our own car so I dont have any cash to pay anyone :( Im really sorry but thats our situation, I have had an offer from Kerrylouise to pick up the buns from me for free (i think) and get them to just outside Nottingham, but then this may turn the plans for getting Benji to SJ upside down.

Ive never been part of a bunny run before so im finding all this a bit confusing, ive got interviews lined up for tomorrow and Wednesday which I need alot of planning for so I only usually get to check on here in the evenings, hense why I havnt replied before now. I also have some health problems which give me 'brain fog' and I find it difficult to take things in sometimes so I apologise if i come accross a but of an idiot at times lol

Parsnipbun, thankyou for all your organising and help, but I just dont have any money for petrol, we cant even afford to tax and run our own car, Kerrylouise has offered to pick up the buns on Sunday and get benji to missySJ or somewhere near and she will also get the other 2 up to just outside Nottingham and she isnt asking for petrol money which works better for us so I need the link up with kerrylouise outside Nottingham for the next leg of the journey, Tracey was you the next link?? and how does the timescales work for you? Im not sure if Kerrylouise will be doing all the driving around on sunday as it will be a long journey coming here from oxford, then going essex way and nottingham all on the same day but I will find out unless kerrylouise and Tracey can contact each other direct to sort out the meet and pass over of the bunnies.

OK - will tell my OH to stand down.

We only ask for petrol money for bits we would not otherwise drive (so the Surrey to Cambridge would have been free as he was roughly coming that way anyway and just diverting a tad).

We have a LOT of buns here and our vets bills are very high (£1,200 so far this month . . . ) - so although I can 'give' my time to help everyone out we cannot provide petrol . . I just ask the absolute minimum costs - which is £1.40 a litre at present - so £5.60 a gallon and my car does 56mpg - so its only 10p a mile . . .

With the high cost of petrol now quite a few people ask for petrol donations to cover costs for bunny runs -

But I totally understand if someone has the ability to do it for free then thats better for you.

I was only offerring as it seemed to have stalled and it was so desperate.

Hope all goes well for the buns and yourselves . .

Last edited:
Parsnipbun, thankyou for all your organising and help, but I just dont have any money for petrol, we cant even afford to tax and run our own car, Kerrylouise has offered to pick up the buns on Sunday and get benji to missySJ or somewhere near and she will also get the other 2 up to just outside Nottingham and she isnt asking for petrol money which works better for us so I need the link up with kerrylouise outside Nottingham for the next leg of the journey, Tracey was you the next link?? and how does the timescales work for you? Im not sure if Kerrylouise will be doing all the driving around on sunday as it will be a long journey coming here from oxford, then going essex way and nottingham all on the same day but I will find out unless kerrylouise and Tracey can contact each other direct to sort out the meet and pass over of the bunnies.

i will defo have to do it all sunday as i have no other days off :( i hope this is okay and isnt stepping on anybodys toes???

i will defo have to do it all sunday as i have no other days off :( i hope this is okay and isnt stepping on anybodys toes???

I think its totally amazingly brilliant of you to offer! Oxford to Woking to Nottingham to Essex and back to Oxford is one hell of a trek for a day off . . just hope you have some good Audiobooks to hand:lol::lol:

I think its totally amazingly brilliant of you to offer! Oxford to Woking to Nottingham to Essex and back to Oxford is one hell of a trek for a day off . . just hope you have some good Audiobooks to hand:lol::lol:

:D am going to be knackered (roughly 7 1/2 hours driving hehe) lol well at least i dont mind driving :) i just think its an awful situation to be in and i hope i never find myself in the same place so anything to help

Thank you Parsnip bun im grateful that you offered your help to get my babies on their way safe and sound and had we had the money to give you petrol money I would have paid it gladly, its just unfortunate we have ended up in such a predicament with jobs, money, housing etc.

Thanks again for your very kind offer though it was much appreciated.:D

Kerrylouise your an angel :wave: I have found it so heartwarming to find strangers on here to be so understanding and compassionate about the predicament we have found ourselves in when close family have been so heartless:(

It is so true when they say that friends are the family you choose for yourself as so often they are the ones who know and understand you best

So I would just like to say a real heartfelt thanks to everyone :love::love:

I am north Nottinghamshire, a village called Bilsthorpe. I can do north Notts to Leeds.

I have to make a journey northwards at some point soon to collect some fleece fabric from a friend (Threelittlepigs on here), so I need to try and tie the bunnyrun in with my fleece trip in order to save on the fuel cost. I can't afford to make two separate trips up to Leeds and back.

There's always the option of the buns having an overnight stay with me if we can't get the south/north sections to match on the same day.

:wave: I can do Leeds to Bolton, as I need to meet Tracy to hand over the fleece as she has said in the previous post. I will pm you, Tracy.

Back