• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help needed! Baby rabbit.

Sooo glad he is doing well! don;t worry about the small accomadation for now!

i kept matilda in a small cage untill she was about 6-7 weeks! makes them feel more secure and also offer them heat! x

We have a similar problem,though the baby we found was older than your baby.I personally would take it to your vet & ask their advice.We think our bun is 10 weeks now,after having him for a month & the vet still not sure on his sex,so would be a while for your bun.Our bun weighed 800grammes when found but now is over a kilo.Good luck.:)

How's Mothball doing? He sounds gorgeous. Please put more pictures up of him.

If Mothball spends a lot of time under your feet, from experience I would recommend that you learn to walk with your feet slightly apart otherwise you might find that you accidentally knock him and you could do a lot of damage.

Also as you've not had a rabbit before it's definitely worthwhile to spend time learning about what is good and what isn't in terms of diet. I had rabbits whilst I was little and thought I knew about rabbit welfare, then I started looking into adopting a rabbit and found out I had a lot more to learn. If you get in touch with a good rescue centre when Mothball is a little older then they can help teach you a lot more. A good example of what I'm talking about is I used to buy lots of treats from P@H which I thought would be really good - however, they are full of sugars and things that rabbits don't naturally eat e.g. Honey. Since learning this I've found other sources of natural treats which they adore.

Hiya,

Heven't read the previous posts.
He looks approx 2,5 weeks old and definately still needs mums milk.

Good is cat's substitute milk from the vets. cow milk is not suitable.
At this age away from mum they die super quickly without any signs of being sick.
On top of the cats milk light camomille and fennel tee is good.
Also tiny drops of Infacol which stops it from bloating.
BLoating kills them.
You also.want to use Bio Lapis from the vet, it gives bunny friendly gut bacteria.

Hope he continues to do well.
:wave:

Sorry, my last post is probably.a month too late.

I am at work so didn't have the.time to read the thread properly, though my half wildies were being fed by mum until 12-14 weeks old.

Mothball could be a half wildie, he looks just like my half wildie.
Did you ever go back to the park and saw his mum?

Back