• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help in Regards to a Hutch!

We have a 6ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch on order, Marleys been exercised in the living room every night for about 6 hours a night. I know its not amazing but once he's had a funny half hour he sprawls on the settee :lol: then repeats! Next thing is a run. The area we have at his parents is limited. So we can only manage a 6 ft run but the OH is wondering whether to make a 6ft x 4ft x 5ft run or whether we should just ask the guys who are making his hutch to do a 6ft x 4ft x 2ft run. I want him as a house bunny and the OH is starting to consider renting as its taking us forever to find a house :(

I have loads of him :lol: got a little beauty of a picture the other day!

Or did you mean the hutch? :oops:

Glad you moved away from the coop idea and have ordered a hutch. I don't think anyone else has said this but if he's used to being indoors he shouldn't go outside until the weather picks up because he won't have a winter coat. Rabbits that are out all year build up a thicker coat as the weather turns cold so are ok out in cold weather, most are also with another rabbit so they can snuggle for warmth. House rabbits don't get that winter coat and need to stay in until the weather is warmer.

As for pictures, we'd all love to see your bun!

Hes in a hutch in the garage so he's got some winter fluff and away from the elements. Hes got a teddy in there so not as good as another rabbit yet but he will have one as soon as we move :)

This is my little obsession:

20130325_091439_zps5a9fa5d0.jpg

20130325_230907_zps242f504a.jpg

Sorry theyre so big :oops: don't know how to make them smaller on my phone

Last edited:
Hes my little man definitely. I think he knows I saved him sometimes and then he nips me :lol: I know hes omly young because he didn't get his farmer sideburns until a month ago :lol:

Back