• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help I'm pulling my hair out.

TarpeyRabbit

Warren Scout
I'm an animal lover I grew up on a farm had countless animals of all shapes and sizes but my neighbours cats are really flipping asking for it.
I have just cleaned up 5 Cat c**p and 3 dos c**p in our front garden 2 Cat c**p round by our bins and 7 Cat c**p in our back garden. I only cleaned the last lot up on Thursday, so if I find the owner of the dog I will return their dog mess through their letter box and as for the cat I will drop kick it over the bloody fence followed by a bucket of water! (you all know i wouldn't really just need a rant). I know with cats the owners can't do much.
The cats don't even covering it, they just does in in the middle off the grass or on my tulips where it's broken the flowers off or on the pavement. I thought cats covered it. At least all ours did that and we house trained them so they went in a litter-tray and not in other peoples gardens.
I'm just frustrated with cleaning up 20+ craps from other peoples animals every week and I've worked really hard on my garden so between cats breaking my flowers and a nice little brat this-morning kicking the head off my tulips out the fron while his mother looked on, I'm getting a bit ****** off with it. If I wanted to clean up after cats or dogs I'd get my own.
I just went out to get the washing in and in the space of what an hour there is a fresh one right in the middle of the path to the gate and one between the bins where I just put the green bin back in from cutting the grass. Are you F*****G kidding me!
So my question, What replants do you know off to keep them out except 24 hour observance with a water gun? I've tried lemon and orange rind, Human hair, Human sent (please don't ask), one of those cat scares, Plastic bags, foil tins and plastic bottles with water in it? Please help I've really had enough of going out and treating in s**t or weeding my beds and putting my hand in it. If it was once or twice it wouldn't be so bad but it's at least 20+ a week and I'm begging you for help. :cry:

I don't know if it works for cats, but when we lived in London a fox came every single night and left us a present. Literally the only thing that worked was used teabags with drops of olbas oil on. We had to put new drops on every night, but it did stop the fox coming.

That does sound quite OTT, we do get the neighbours cats going in the garden but they tend to stick to a few patches at the back of the flower bed where there is bare soil.

You can get water sprayers on motion sensors - easier than water pistols.

For small areas like a section of flower bed or pots sticks work really well. Just 3-4" long stuck upright in the soil every 4" or so - that way they can't sit without getting poked.

Back