• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help for my sanity please.....Update - phase 3 !! feel free to laugh !!

Hiya :wave:

Julia your setup is fab - lucky bunnies! :D

We have discovered a great run cover:

tn_shedrun.JPG

It is called onduline (I think that is how you spell it) - you can get it from B & Q - it is about £8 for a 6 x 4 piece (unfortunately that runs across though so you may have to cut to size and leave an overhang).

We prop up the left hand side of this piece so the water runs off the right into the dirt.

This was after several failed attempts with various pieces of wood and clear shower curtains from B & Q! :lol::lol::lol:

It also provides great shade if we do ever get any sun!

We also have thermal hutch covers with waterproof fronts and night fronts that we bought from a guy on eBay for our hutches.

Will try to get some more pictures tomorrow if any one wants to see them?

Hiya :wave:

Julia your setup is fab - lucky bunnies! :D

We have discovered a great run cover:

tn_shedrun.JPG

It is called onduline (I think that is how you spell it) - you can get it from B & Q - it is about £8 for a 6 x 4 piece (unfortunately that runs across though so you may have to cut to size and leave an overhang).

We prop up the left hand side of this piece so the water runs off the right into the dirt.

This was after several failed attempts with various pieces of wood and clear shower curtains from B & Q! :lol::lol::lol:

It also provides great shade if we do ever get any sun!

We also have thermal hutch covers with waterproof fronts and night fronts that we bought from a guy on eBay for our hutches.

Will try to get some more pictures tomorrow if any one wants to see them?

Ooh yes love to see more pics :D Lovely set up and bunnies :wave:

Hutch covers...

Here you go:

This is our 6 foot hutch with under run:

tn_cover1.jpg

tn_cover2.jpg

it has onduline over the run (propped up with wood at the back so it tilts forward) with a big overhang so that when the rain drips off it runs onto the grass, not onto the slabs and back into the hutch!

The cover has a thermal lining and goes right down to the base of the run at the back and sides. It has 3 different covers - a fly screen, a clear waterproof cover (shown on the right) and a night front - any 2 can be on together. They are also split in the middle (except the fly mesh).

It was expensive (about £90) but worth every penny. From Alan - he makes to measure and is very helpful - his email is cabj.design@hotmail.co.uk

This is our triple story 5 x 3 hutch - it is 6 foot tall!:

tn_cover3.jpg

Rolled up

tn_cover5.jpg

Fly Mesh

tn_cover4.jpg

Night Cover

It keeps our 2 sets of piggies very cosy! :) 2 of the bunnies have the run attached to their shed.

From a guy called Alan, he advertises on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RABBIT-HUTCH-COVERS-MADE-TO-MEASURE_W0QQitemZ180286261699QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item180286261699&_trkparms=72%3A12|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

his direct email is cabj.design@hotmail.co.uk

He makes to measure and is really friendly and helpful. I am over the moon with both of the covers - you can see on this picture of the run the thermal lining too:

tn_merrysweeptog3.jpg

Brillaint, I will drop him a mail :D

Oh julia you don't half make me laugh......

Have you thought about using the clear plastic corregated stuff you get from B&Q and make a roof between the main hutch and the conservatory.....make sure it drains into the conservatory guttering.

carry it along the line of hutches & when spring comes round you could plant some roses and other nice climing plants up it so that it doens't look quite so ming.

it will stop you getting quite so wet when you go out to feed and water although you'll probably need some insulation on the actual hutches.

Back