• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello :)

Hi, my names Lucy I live in Nottinghamshire with two buns, Smoo and Pud who are both rescues.

We did have three buns, but sadly had to have our darling baby girl Sooty put to sleep in October after she deteriorated with several conditions, including eye and skin problems, and disabled back legs/hips.

Currently me and my partner are looking to move house, and I'm slightly obsessed with the idea of having some new bunny Wendy houses for them
Then my next task is convincing him to let me rescue at least one more bunny in need

Both of our buns are slightly on the larger side, so any tips on slimming them down and getting them in better condition would be great

Looking forward to chatting,
Lucy

Last edited:
Hi, my names Lucy I live in Nottinghamshire with two buns, Smoo and Pud who are both rescues.

We did have three buns, but sadly had to have our darling baby girl Sooty put to sleep in October after she deteriorated with several conditions, including eye and skin problems, and disabled back legs/hips.

Currently me and my partner are looking to move house, and I'm slightly obsessed with the idea of having some new bunny Wendy houses for them :love:
Then my next task is convincing him to let me rescue at least one more bunny in need

Both of our buns are slightly on the larger side, so any tips on slimming them down and getting them in better condition would be great :D

Looking forward to chatting,
Lucy :)

Hi Lucy and welcome :wave:

I'm sorry to hear about Sooty. Its so very hard to lose them :cry:

Well done for wanting to rescue another bun or more, and good luck with persuading your OH :)

Slimming down a bun usually starts with diet - more hay, less pellets and green veg rather than roots like carrot and parsnip.

What do thy eat currently?

At the moment, large handful of pellets, hay and grass (when the grass in the garden is good enough- thanks to the great English weather!) and a small amount of veg :)

We've been trying to wean down the amount of pellets they're getting and adding more hay, but they'd rather sleep on the hay than eat it!

At the moment, large handful of pellets, hay and grass (when the grass in the garden is good enough- thanks to the great English weather!) and a small amount of veg :)

We've been trying to wean down the amount of pellets they're getting and adding more hay, but they'd rather sleep on the hay than eat it!

:lol:

Sounds about right!

Normally one egg cup full of pellets is enough for a medium sized bunny, though I feed less than that, as I major on hay/readigrass and green veggies.

When my boarding bunnies come to me a bit portly, I fill their previously full bowl of pellets with lots of readigrass and a few pellets sprinkled within. They love readigrass and it makes them and me feel less guilty about cutting down their pellet ration :D

welcome2-1_zpsc2zsdhld.gif

Back