• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello from a New Bunny Dad in Plymouth.

Hey everyone, Hello from Princess & her Bunny Dad, Snowy.

I thought since getting my second Bunny ever, I would join up on a forum so I have somewhere to go for advice etc.
Bit stressed at the moment as my 6 month old Britannia Petite ( NOW confirmed Netherland Dwarf! ) has GI Stasis for the 3rd time within the space of a month and a half.
She's fighting it again as like the last two times and Ive come home this time with Loxicom for canines.

They don't believe this is due to any underlying problem, Its just her young age and maybe genetic?

Anyway, Heres some photo's of my baby girl over the last 4 & a half months, Please ignore the "FLR"......

On the day I got her -

10177258_507338596044649_5648161326693707489_n.jpg

10313186_507338619377980_5623269383847571261_n.jpg

1908291_507338662711309_3969818798998882836_n.jpg

Getting to know Gypsy & Romany, Our Piggies briefly -

10351534_507310569380785_6156116434544289246_n.jpg

And more recently -

10600481_578531582258683_4914927205219921832_n.jpg

10653838_578531512258690_5231462553580427740_n.jpg

10734096_588609581250883_6605330128108697096_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hello and a warm welcome :wave:

Your rabbit is so sweet and she looks very happy :love:

All your other pets look very happy too.

If you have got any questions regarding stasis the health section is the best place to post and I am sure someone knowledgeable will be able to help you.

Thanks for that.
Yeh the cats are older now and live with my brother due to our landlord being a miserable old git lol.
But they're happy and well. Ill try to get some up to date pics of them soon.

:wave:.. Hello and welcome to your gorgeous furry family!!! They are sooooo sweet!!!

Lovely to see you here!:D

Hello :wave:

What a sweetie she is! I've always had a soft spot for otters :love:

As a quick side note, however - bunnies and piggies shouldn't really mix. As well as the risk of bordatella being passed between the two species, bunnies' back legs could seriously injure or kill a piggie as they're very powerful kickers! They're adorable piggies, though :love:

Hope she's over her GI Stasis soon. It must be frustrating for you as well as worrying, it being a regular(ish) occurrence! Are your vets particularly savvy with rabbits?

I don't keep her in with the piggies, I learnt very fast from a dear friend who tried the same a few years back.
As for the vets, As Im a full time carer I have her registered with the pdsa. Our local pedal hospital's vets so far have been brilliant and very helpful.
Although some of the reception staff could use a lesson or two in simple manners and etiquette.
Thanks for the kind welcomes Jemima and Fee! Much appreciated. :)

Big Man, TINY Bunneh!!

She's gorgeous and clearly thoroughly spoiled!!

Welcome to the forum.

:love:

Hey Everyone.

I don't really know why but I haven't been about for a while. Just life being life I suppose lol.
What news?

Well Lets get the sad news out of the way first I think....

Last year I lost my beloved Daisy. Some ******** ran her over and kept going. A local person saw what happened and went out and sat with her waiting for help.
I say this in the kindest way, Her head was hit so hard so fast that at least she had no idea what happened and I hope to god felt nothing!!!
She's now buried with my first cat Princess-I and resting peacefully. :) ( Broke my heart at the time though! )

Then our dearest Homer ( Cavalier ) had to be put down which was gut wrenching!

Then came my 1st Gerbil, Gizmo-II. He died of a stroke. Then just recently I lost the second gerbil Ginger who lost a tough fight with cancer.

So in the last 6 months or so we've had a LOT of losses to try to come to terms with and cope with. I'll say we're "Getting there" .

Soon, On to the not so sad news eh?

We all know I have two bunnies Princess-II & Dandelion. And the two piggies, Gypsy & her daughter Romanie ( Ro-Ro )
Last time I was on here Princess was struggling with a third or fourth bout of GI Stasis, Im very glad to say that she fought it off once again,
And after some research realised it was my fault, I was feeding her Celery. :O ( I know I know, Trust me, NO more Celery for the bun bun's! )
I also managed after a few failed attempts to get her and Dande to bond!!! Now they're inseparable! lol Both are fit and healthy and doing much much better.
( Ok, aside from Dande being a little podgy and now on a diet. )
The Piggies are just awesome as always, And we got a new piggy last year called Koko. Unfortunately RoRo Doesn't like Koko very much so we had to put Koko in her own cage. After about three days I couldn't bear seeing her on her own so we went to get her a cage mate, We succeeded but ended coming home with two baby sisters who we could bring ourselves to separate. So now we have FIVE piggies. Gypsy, RoRo, Koko, Poppy ( Short for Popcorn ) & Bella.
The babies and Koko all get along fantastically and we've actually seen Koko develop a richer livelier personality along with what appears to be a very strong motherly instinct towards Poppy & Bella :) Breath..........

Ok sorry, One last bit, It doesn't stop there.
I promised my son I would get him a new friend at some point to make up for his loss of Giz & Ging.
"At some point" turned out to be a week.

And what did we do......

Ended up with Bunny number three!!

She's an 8 week old Mini Lop called Isabelle-II ( After my first bunny from years ago ) Or "Izzy" for short.

So yes we had a traumatic time with the loss of so many pets in such a short space of time, However, Their paw steps are being closely followed by our newest family members!

Shall get some photos up soon! :)

Back