• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay

chloeturner

Warren Veteran
I ordered the sample packs of hay from hay4pets on Friday, anyone have any idea when I should receive them? And do they come with a courier or the royal mail, and if the royal mail, do they need a signature because I'll be out tomorrow, Misty has a vets appointment to be at in the morning!

I had my first delivery from them last week. I left a note on the door telling the delivery man to put the hay in the porch which I left open.
I had two big bales of straw and it was delivered by Yodel, cannot help with a sample pack, no idea, sorry.

Mine came in the post, I discovered it in my letter box :p but that was about 2 years ago:lol: probably still the same though:)

I had the sample pack only recently. It'll come via ordinary royal mail and will be with you in less than a week. It won't fit through your letterbox, obviously.

You'll get about a rack full of each hay sample.

I personally wouldn't touch hay for pets though, as I then made the mistake of buying a bag of meadow hay for mine as they appear to prefer that type. It's only 1.8 kilos and it costs £9. It's daylight robbery, to be perfectly honest and I'm gobsmacked as to how many people fork out this money for such a small bag. I will never buy from them again - I only forked out this amount because my one rabbit had been poorly and they were both refusing hay and it was almost a last-ditch attempt to get them eating again.

I have, however, since discovered Asda's own meadow hay. They adore it and it's only a couple of pounds for 1 kilo - far, far cheaper than hay for pets.

I had the sample pack only recently. It'll come via ordinary royal mail and will be with you in less than a week. It won't fit through your letterbox, obviously.

You'll get about a rack full of each hay sample.

I personally wouldn't touch hay for pets though, as I then made the mistake of buying a bag of meadow hay for mine as they appear to prefer that type. It's only 1.8 kilos and it costs £9. It's daylight robbery, to be perfectly honest and I'm gobsmacked as to how many people fork out this money for such a small bag. I will never buy from them again - I only forked out this amount because my one rabbit had been poorly and they were both refusing hay and it was almost a last-ditch attempt to get them eating again.

I have, however, since discovered Asda's own meadow hay. They adore it and it's only a couple of pounds for 1 kilo - far, far cheaper than hay for pets.

I think it becomes worth it for the bigger bags. I used to buy Asda's own too, but then the big bags went up to £5. So for 9kgs of Asda's own I'd pay £15 and have to trundle to Asda every other week, or I could pay an extra pound to have a massive bag delivered and not have to leave the house. Plus it's the same price for Timothy & Rye, which is 'better quality', I suppose.

I still go to Wilkonson's for their yucky hay to put in the litter tray, mind :lol:

I think it becomes worth it for the bigger bags. I used to buy Asda's own too, but then the big bags went up to £5. So for 9kgs of Asda's own I'd pay £15 and have to trundle to Asda every other week, or I could pay an extra pound to have a massive bag delivered and not have to leave the house. Plus it's the same price for Timothy & Rye, which is 'better quality', I suppose.

I still go to Wilkonson's for their yucky hay to put in the litter tray, mind :lol:

Yeah, I've only ever bought the 9.5kg bags, it's the delivery you pay for anyway, they're heavy! Mine used to only eat the Asda stuff but now its gone up in price it's bales and timothy and rye hay from h4p. I spend less than if they were still eating the Asda hay which was costing me £20 a month. Now I'm spending £21 every 2.5 months :love: mine like the wilkos hay too although they ignored the last bag as it was just like straw:lol:

Yeah, I've only ever bought the 9.5kg bags, it's the delivery you pay for anyway, they're heavy! Mine used to only eat the Asda stuff but now its gone up in price it's bales and timothy and rye hay from h4p. I spend less than if they were still eating the Asda hay which was costing me £20 a month. Now I'm spending £21 every 2.5 months :love: mine like the wilkos hay too although they ignored the last bag as it was just like straw:lol:

Me too. Mine did used to have Wilkos hay but then we got a gross bag, felt a bit damp and dead (I know hay is dead grass, but you know what I mean!). So I just chuck it in the litter tray and if they eat it they eat it, but they've got a rack full of timothy and rye so they usually don't.

Back