• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay suggestions please!

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
I buy Meadow from The Range (only around £3 odd for a large bag) then a more expensive Alfalfa King Timothy Hay (around £40 for an 11.36kg bag)

I'm not sure if i'm overspending on the Timothy hay. I know some people get bales from farms that are quite cheap but the last time I did this Milo got mites and I forever blame that bale of hay for some reason!

Can anyone suggest a good quality Timothy hay that is still lush and green but cheaper?

Personally I wouldn't rock the boat. If the hay is getting eaten, I would stick with it. Mine got mites, too, from a bale of farm hay, many years ago.

i get the B&M timothy and the meadow in the large bag and they prefer the meadow. i get what i call treat hay timothy, barley and alfalfa all alfalfa king but i only use it for putting inside things like boxes or tied paper bags for them to work for their food lol.. its too expensive to feed 8 buns the alfalfa king unlimited.

B&M is my go-to for 'emergency'/bagged hay: it's pretty good! Never had the timothy from there though so can't advise.

I've still ended up buying the huge 11kg bag of Alfalfa King Timothy!

It's £40 for a bale but its just so nice I've found nothing like it. I hate how quick my two go through it! I think i'll start only using the timothy in the hay feeder and putting mostly the cheaper meadow in the litter tray, they only waste a lot of it anyway! Fussy rabbits!

Now if only I knew where to pick free plantain to dry out and give to Milo! He's always has this since it was suggested to me by a vet nurse after he had stasis, so I've always bought it, but its expensive to keep buying in the ready dried bags all the time!

Last edited:
I get b&m's hay meadow and timothy with marigold, she also has timothy hay from wilkos, burgess timothy marigold from vets and online ordered orchard hay

Country lanes and scrub land are great for plantain or you can grow it yourself :thumb:

Back