• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hay is rubbish at the moment

Just the smell of it can be an indicator I guess - fresh hay has a lovely floral scent to it where as bad hay smells musty. Don't worry - you will know when you smell it's off...I do anyway.

We give our buns Bob Martin meadow hay - this is the only hay that they ALL eat - not all of them like timothy or Ings etc and seem to only really like Bob Martin - thankfully my local Sainsbury's stocks it. BUT - the last bag we opened wasn't nice - just smelt wrong and none of our buns will touch it.

It smell sweet and she loves it so that's good thing ;)

i've thrown the timothy and rye away. if it's not stale now then it's on the verge of it. not going to get in touch with them again about it, as i have quite a few times and they've been good, but then i keep risking buying more. so i'm annoyed about the money, but this is the third lot in a row now that hasn't been great so i'll just stop ordering it for a while now and try and find some other hay for them.

i will keep getting the meadow hay as that's usually good. this time it just smells a bit like cheap pet shop hay and it's quite brown, but they're still eating it so that's ok.

fingers crossed they like the deans farm hays better. if not, then it's timothy from timothyhay.co.uk, and if bisc still isn't impressed then i don't know what i'll try :shock:

since i removed the timothy and rye, bisc has eaten more meadow hay. so think he could smell it wasn't right aswell. he never eats enough when he has one variety though so the deans farm better hurry up :lol:

Back