• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay bales in Essex?

oooh just spotted this!! Thanks for the update I was thinking of going this weekend on the off chance, guess I'll wait a bit longer! I've just googled Chignal Smealy sounds like a little made up place from a kiddies story :lol: Im off to Bluewater this weekend so I might make a detour!

ETA if anyone spots my little car whizzing up and down the A12 with the new bunny stickers I expect lots of horn honking and pulling faces!!! :lol:

Last edited:
The only thing I'm wondering at the moment is how I'm going to store an entire bale of it, as I've got a huge box of Oxbow, and half a bale of Dust Free hay! :shock:

I really want some though - the piggies are all munching on some at this very moment. :)

yeh upsons are only doing their huuuge bales for £30 now. we get ours from somewhere else now £4 a bale but i cant remember where, will ask mum later.

nice and green, they all love it!

Well, I'e got a bale from Grays, and the piggies are all tucking into it now. It was cute, as they could obviously smell it and got themselves into their hay/food eating formation (a sort of triangle), with a patch in the middle for the hay to go! :lol:

It's not as nice looking or as stalky as the sample I had, and hopefully the novelty won't wear off and I'll be left with a huge bale of hay the pigs won't touch, but they are loving it at the moment (and I've got a sicky girl who I'm struggling to get excited about anything).

Well, I'e got a bale from Grays, and the piggies are all tucking into it now. It was cute, as they could obviously smell it and got themselves into their hay/food eating formation (a sort of triangle), with a patch in the middle for the hay to go! :lol:

It's not as nice looking or as stalky as the sample I had, and hopefully the novelty won't wear off and I'll be left with a huge bale of hay the pigs won't touch, but they are loving it at the moment (and I've got a sicky girl who I'm struggling to get excited about anything).

Oh where in Grays? Doh...just realised you meant Grays farm...not Grays!

Back